baby loves

baby loves- ariana grande 

"Mer you should really think about slowing down." Derek told his wife, trying to grab the laundry basket from her.

"Derek I am not going to slow down just because I'm 35 weeks pregnant." Meredith groaned. 

"Yes I understand that but your so close to the due date and I don't want anything to happen to you and the baby." Derek said, putting his hand to rub her stomach. 

"I'm not going on leave early." She said firmly.

"Okay. But you are doing shorter hours at work. No long surgeries."

"Fine. Help me fold these socks." Meredith laughed, feeling a sharp pain in her stomach which made her slightly gasp. 

The gasp went unnoticed by Derek and put the laundry down to see what was happening. "Mer." He said softly. 

"I'm okay. I'm good." She sallowed, the pain getting more intense. 

"Meredith you're not okay or whatever. I'm bringing you in."

"No." She shook her head. "It's just braxton-hicks"

"No. You look as if you're ready to pass out."

"It's okay." She fought weakly, now holding her stomach as she tired to put the socks away. 

"No. End of story, I'm brining you in. Go sit down."

"And when it's just braxton-hicks, we're going home."

"Yes then you can gloat all you want but right now I want you to sit down while I go get Zola and Bailey." 

"Fine." She rolled her eyes and sat down on the bed. 

After Derek got Zola and Bailey ready, he helped Meredith get out of bed and walk her to the car which only made Meredith snap. "Derek no need to baby me." She snapped. Derek ignored it as she was in a bad mood as he was forcing her to go in and see the doctor. 

The drive to the hospital was quicker then what it normally felt. They met Alex at the front and he took the kids. As Meredith and Derek were about ti walk in, Meredith felt wetness trickling down her leg.

"Derek." Meredith asked which only made Derek look up. "My water just broke."

He didn't want to panic as he wasn't about to push a baby out so he remained calm. "Okay. Let's get a wheelchair and bring you up."

"No. I am walking." She said firmly.

"Meredith you are in active labor."

"No shit Sherlock." She rolled her eyes. 

"Fine. Just come on."

"We are going to have another baby." Meredith smiled. 

"We are going to have another baby." Derek repeated. 

They were quickly situated in Labor & Delivery and had a nice suit. One of the perks of owning the hospital and working there. As Derek helped Meredith change into a hospital gown, that's when the contractions started to become painful. Derek kept on whispering to her little jokes and holding her hand and feeding her ice chips. Nurses were in and out of the room checking the monitors. And their OB Dr.Ryan had also been checking how dilated Meredith is. 

"Meredith if you could scoot down, that would be great." Connie smiled as she walked in the room again. 

"Please tell me it's time because I want this baby out." Meredith groaned. Her forehead was already filling with beads of sweat as Derek fixed the messy ponytail he had put in for her. 

As Connie did her thing, she annoyed that Meredith was still only at 7 meters dilated which put Meredith in a more annoyed mood. 

"Can you get me more ice chips?" Meredith asked Derek. "It'll give your hand a break from all this."

"It's okay. But I can go get more." Derek smiled. He was more relieved that during this pregnancy, they weren't having the baby in the middle of a superstorm and not having a                c-section in the dark. 

As Derek left, Alex popped his head in the doorframe. "Heard you went into labor."

"Wow would you look at that. Evil Spawn using his head." Meredith said sarcastically. She was over the whole labor thing and just wanted to have her baby. 

"Don't upset the pregnant woman." Alex said, waving his hands around which only led Meredith to throw a pillow at him. "Where's Mcdreamy? Did you scare him off."

"No. Sent him to go get ice chips. I could tell his hand was hurting." 

"Oh."

"I'm sure he'll be back. Thanks for watching the kids."

"Anytime. I'll come by later to see you again."

Derek came back shortly with ice chips and kept feeding them to her. Eventually, Meredith fell asleep despite the pain she was in, she refused to have the drugs. She didn't want them when she was having Bailey but this time she didn't fall down the stairs and needed a   c-section which led to her spleen needing to be taken out. By then she was so drugged up she didn't care. But this time, she wanted to stick to the plan of no drugs.

...

Hours passed by and Connie was back to check how dilated Meredith is and it was now time to push.

"Come on Meredith. Another big push" Connie coached

Meredith grunted and gave another push. By then Meredith was exhausted and tired. Derek could see this so he kicked off his shoes and climbed into the bed behind her and let her back rest on top of him. 

"Let's have this baby." Derek whispered into her ear. 

"Just another big push." Connie said.

This time Meredith did the best she could and heard that she was crowning and the head was out. The next push was slightly smaller and the baby was heard with a loud cry. When Connie put the baby on Meredith's bare chest for skin-to-skin contact, Meredith felt tears rushing to her eyes and was calming the baby down. Partly because of the hormones but also because her baby was finally here. 

"Hi baby." She softly cooed, looking up at Derek who only had the biggest smile on his face. The two ignored all the background noise and only focused on the baby.

"Meredith just a smaller push to deliver the placenta." Connie said. This push burned but it wasn't nearly as painful as before. 

Once the nurses were done cleaning the baby and Meredith up, they got their baby girl back all swaddled up. Both wanted to know the gender when they could and when they found out they were going to have a girl, Derek almost cried. 

"I have a name." Meredith whispered as she looked into the baby's eyes. They were that shiny blue like Dereks.

"What is it?"

"Ellis Alexandra Shepherd." She said looking up at Derek, hoping he would like it or acknowledge it. 

"I love it." He smiled.

"I- we can change it I just like the idea of having Lexie as her middle name."

"Meredith I love it. It's perfect." 

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Welcome Ellis Alexandra Shepherd." 

hope you all enjoyed this cute little one-shot. if you have any ideas for one, please let me know. love you all