white horse

white horse- taylor swift

After leaving his house for the last time all she could think about was the fairytale endings she had read with Amelia. Those types of stories were her favorite and Meredith also enjoyed seeing the typical plot twist and storylines but they all had a happy fairytale ending. Where no one's heart got broken. Just everything was perfect. Nothing bad would happen in this fairytales. But leaving his house this time felt more painful as those fairytale endings went down the drain. Derek had called her asking if she could come over because they needed to talk. When she got there, Derek was waiting and at first she thought it was one of those games he plays on her saying she needs to come over ASAP and make her all nervous when really it's them going out for the day/night. But this time he seemed different. Then he dropped the 'bomb' on her. 

"Meredith I can't do this anymore. It's just too much. And before you think this is your fault, it isn't. This is entirely on me."  That's all she could remember from that. It stuck with her. He flat out said it. No warning. There were no warning signs or red flags. Just a bomb drop of him breaking up with her. 

She didn't want to be one of those sad weepy girls who make drastic hair changes or go on a shopping spree after their hearts got broken but all she could think about was she never got the fairytale ending she had read about with his younger sisters, or that fact he promised her forever. In a fairytale ending, after all the problems were resolved everything worked out. Everyone got happiness. The 'bad guys' were stopped. And Meredith knew fairytales aren't part of reality but it was nice to fantasize about them.

...

When she got home, no one was home as usual. As much as she was used to it, this time it hurt more as she was more emotional from her heart just being broken but now she has no one to express these emotions too as her mother hated any form of emotion. In a normal situation, she would go to Derek after he would pry it out of her. But now even he left her. 

When she opened her phone and went into the photos app, all she saw were those stupid stupid stupid pictures her and Derek had taken when they were bored. It was random pictures and videos but both were smiling with the biggest smiles on their faces and they were happy. The more pictures she looked at, the more tears were bulging up. As much as she wanted to avoid this sad heartbreak and be that heartbroken girl, she couldn't help it. As he was her firsts in many ways. First kiss, first man she told 'I love you' too, first relationship. He had talked and joked about fairytale and fairytale endings, she had thought that they would end up like one of those story endings. 

Derek promised to treat her like a princess or a queen whatever he said when he first said that he loves her but now she felt the opposite. This was not how fairytale endings were supposed to end. This was how it was in the peak of the story right before everything starts to fall back into place. The main character gets their heart shattered then everything works out. They had spent an entire day talking about their hope and dreams, and one of Derek's was to marry Meredith. Of course that made her blush but deep down, she wanted it to happen. Because who hasn't dreamed of their fairytale wedding. Now it was down the drain, over and done with. 

...

Looking back at all these memories and photos, this has taught her a lot. In both positive and negative ways. That this could've been a right person, wring time as they were perfect for each other as everyone told them, but also that this kind of love can lead to heartbreak and pain which may cause her to put up these walls and boundaries as she doesn't want another heartbreak like this. 

She knew with time, the feelings of this heartbreak it would pass and it would simply be an old past relationship. As much as she didn't want it to be like this, it was this way. Then maybe if faith really wanted them together, they would find a way back together. But now they were together and now their not and it's too late for any second chances. 

hope you all enjoyed this little one-shot. and i'm sorry for making it a sad one, im kinda in the feels rn lol. :) but if you have any ideas or any song titles for one-shots please comment them.

but here's the lyrics to white horse bc its truly a masterpiece :))

Say you're sorry, that face of an angel
Comes out just when you need it to
As I paced back and forth all this time
'Cause I honestly believed in you
Holdin' on, the days drag on
Stupid girl, I should've known, I should've known
That I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it's too late for you and your white horse
To come around
Maybe I was naive, got lost in your eyes
And never really had a chance
My mistake, I didn't know to be in love
You had to fight to have the upper hand
I had so many dreams about you and me
Happy endings, now I know
I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it's too late for you and your white horse
To come around
And there you are on your knees
Begging for forgiveness, begging for me
Just like I always wanted but I'm so sorry
'Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale
I'm gonna find someone someday
Who might actually treat me well
This is a big world, that was a small town
There in my rear-view mirror disappearing now
And it's too late for you and your white horse
Now it's too late for you and your white horse
To catch me now
Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa
Try and catch me now, oh
It's too late
To catch me now