Four

Sarah's POV

I woke up in my bed, my head was pounding. I looked over to see that Beatrice and Timothy were sleeping. How did I get here? I looked over at the clock. It read 5:50 AM. Great. I lay back down and tried to fall asleep. I am now scared to face Master Horan tomorrow. I'm scared. Maybe Beatrice and Timothy will cover for me. I'm bruised all over, whenever I breathe my hips hurt. My head hurts so bad, everywhere on my body is bruised and sore. Magically, I fell back asleep, terrified.

I woke up again. The first thing I did was look at the clock. It read 8:00 AM. I looked over at the beds and they were empty. They went to cook breakfast. I got out of bed and felt a sharp pain in my hip. Ouch! I walked up the stairs to hear yelling.

"WHO COOKED THIS? IT TASTES LIKE CRAP!"

"M-me M-master H-horan," Beatrice responded so softly it was like a whisper.

"YOU BITCH. I JUST WANTED BREAKFAST, AND YOU CANT EVEN DO SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS THAT?!" He started to walk towards her and grabbed her hair.

She screamed so loud that my ears started to ring.

"Please let her go Master Horan!" Timothy said as he walked towards him.

"Take one more step and I will beat her until she begs for death." He stopped in his tracks.

He kept pulling on all her hair, while she screamed and cried and begged for him to stop while Timothy was gritting his teeth. I couldn't take it anymore.

"IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT PEOPLE?! NO WONDER NOBODY LIKE YOU, DOUCHE BAG. PUT HER DOWN RIGHT NOW OR ELSE!!!"

He stood in place, shocked. I guess nobody really talks back to him. He turned to me slowly with a death stare on his face. "Or else what?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Or else..." I couldn't think of anything to threaten him with.

He threw Beatrice onto the ground and started to walk towards me. I backed up slowly, frightened.

"NO! PLEASE DONT HURT HER! HURT ME INSTEAD!" Beatrice was still on the ground, begging for Master Horan to hurt her instead of me. There are really good people in this world, just not Master Horan. Timothy started to run towards him to hold him back but he just lifted him up and threw him down the stairs.

"Timothy!!" Beatrice yelled as she ran down the stairs.

He grabbed me by the hair and my head started to pound like crazy. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"P-please s-stop," I begged with all the might I had in me.

"NO, I WON'T UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO RESPECT PEOPLE!"

Tears started to well up in my eyes as I looked at him. He turned from angry to calm. He threw me on the ground and ran upstairs. Damn, why does he keep just leaving?

"SARAH! HELP!" I heard from downstairs.

'What's wrong?" I quickly said without even thinking about where Master Horan could go. I ran down the stairs.

"ITS TIMOTHY! HES NOT WAKING UP!" I saw Beatrice kneeling beside Timothy. Tears were streaming down her face and she kept breathing in and out.

"I'LL CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

I ran to the nearest phone which was in the living room. Why have I never been in here before? I grabbed the phone and called 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"HELP! MY FRIEND WON'T WAKE UP BECAUSE HE-" I stopped talking. Should I tell them that Master Horan did it? No, they wouldn't care.

"Hello? Hello? Ma'am are you still there?!"

"MY FRIEND JUST FELL DOWN THE STAIRS AND HE WON'T WAKE UP! WE NEED AN AMBULANCE!!" My hands were shaking.

"Alright. Please stay calm and we'll send an ambulance there."

I hung up the phone, my hands trembling, in about a minute I heard sirens.