Chapter 2: Family

**Third person POV**

"Boys come inside! Family meeting!" Phil yelled to his sons who were playing with wooden swords in the back yard. Tommy is still sleeping and they'd rather not wake him up and being him downstairs.

The twin 9 year olds, Technoblade and Wilbur, came running inside. They didn't have family meetings often, but they still didn't like them because family meetings meant that dad would be gone for a long time, mom would be gone for a long time or a life changing announcement. It's a wild card. "Come sit down kids." Kristen said softly as she always does.

The boys were confused because there was no bags, meaning this had to be a life changing announcement. The last time this happened, they moved to a new house. Hopefully that's happening again so all of them can have their own room, not that they minded, they just liked having their own space. Wilbur and Technoblade share a room and Tommy has his own. "As you boys know I stopped by the village yesterday to do some shopping. When I went there, there was an old woman who needed help. Turns out she had a child who needed a home. He was scared and alone. So I'd like you both to meet Ranboo." Phil walked to the bassinet, picked up the baby boy and brought him to his sons. He was sleeping after having a bottle.

Wilbur and Techno stared for about 20 seconds before Techno finally spoke, "why does it look like that?"

"He's a hybrid, just like you." Phil responded.

"No I understand that. Why is he all icky?" Technoblade was observing the child's dirt covered face.

"We saved him from not so nice circumstances. That's why he's coming to live with us." Kristen spoke up.

"So I get another baby brother! Yes! What's his name?! What's his name?!" Wilbur jumped up and down.

"Calm down Wil, calm down. His name is Ranboo. And he'll be sharing a room with Tommy." Phil noticed that Techno was staring at the boy. He knew that he was going to take some time getting used to him, but it was so hard to determine Techno's emotions.

The baby boy opened his eyes. He looked absolutely terrified. Suddenly Technoblade smiled at him. "It's okay. You're safe now." Technoblade wiped some dirt away from his eyes while still smiling. Phil looked at his wife who looked just as shocked as he did. "Dadza can we go back outside now?" Techno asked.

Phil focused his attention on his oldest son. "Yeah... Yes. Go play. We'll call you when supper is ready." He watched his boys give one last look to the baby before going outside. "Did you see that?!" Phil whisper yelled to his wife.

Kristen just smiled, "you don't give our boys enough credit Phil. They're amazing." A loud sound from upstairs caused both of the parents to look up. Kristen sighed, "looks like Tommy wanted to meet his new brother. I'll get him."

Phil nodded to her. "I'll get the bath ready for Ranboo." Phil put Ranboo back in the bassinet and ran some water into a the kitchen sink. He felt it to make sure it was the right temperature. When he was satisfied he went back to grab Ranboo. "Okay Ranboo, let's get you in the bath." Phil slowly placed Ranboo down towards the water filled sink but when he touched the water, the boy let out a screech and disappeared. "W-what? Ranboo!?" Phil turned fully around and noticed Ranboo on the floor by the table. "Oh shit." Phil ran and scooped up the now crying boy. There was smoke coming off of his skin. It's the water! It's burning him. "Shhhh shhhh it's okay. I've got you." He slowly rubbed his back and bounced him to calm him down.

Ranboo finally calmed down which gave Phil time to inspect his injuries. He looked at Ranboo's eyes and sure enough, his skin had been burnt. No wonder he wasn't crying when we got him. If it burns him... He checked his foot, the one foot he placed in the water. Luckily the burn wasn't too severe. "I'm sorry Ranboo. At least we know what kind of hybrid you are now."

Phil heard rustling coming from upstairs and then fast footsteps. "Is everything okay? I heard screaming." Kristen asked while holding their son.

Phil smiled at her and Tommy. "Yeah everything's fine. I figured out what kind of hybrid Ranboo is." He showed her the burns. "He's an enderman."