Chapter 9: That's New

**Philza's POV**

I took a breath of fresh air as I sat on the porch. We've been living here for a few weeks now. The fights have been kept to a minimum. My family seems happy. I'm happy. With my kids in my life and my wife by my side, everything is just... perfect.

"DADDD!" Okay... almost perfect.

"What Tommy!" I asked yelling back.

"There's um... Just come here!" He yelled. I let out a sigh and got out of my chair. What the hell did he do this time?

Walking into the house I see multiple squares of grass placed around the house. "What the? ...." That's new... I look at Tommy, confused.

He puts his hands up, "hey it wasn't me man! I just woke up to this." And he left to go back into his room.

I roll my eyes and walk over to the dirt block and feel it. How is this possible? To pick up a block of dirt that stays intact? How...? Ranboo walks downstairs and looks at the block of dirt and grass. "What are these here for?" He asked.

I just shrugged. I didn't really know how to answer that. He reaches to pick it up. I reach my hand out to stop him. "No don't! It'll fall..." He manages to pick it up without it completely crumbling "apart...?" Why didn't it fall apart? Is this a thing that enderman do?

Dream yelled one last thing, "if you see any blocks of dirt in your house, don't be alarmed! In fact keep them there! Endermen like them!"

Ranboo must have put them here! But why doesn't he remember? "Ranboo, did you put these here?" I ask calmly.

His eyes seem to go wide with panic. "Um... I don't think so. I mean. No I don't... I wouldn't have put dirt in your house-"

I put a hand lightly on his shoulder. "Hey don't worry about it. I don't care who did it. And if it makes you happy. You can keep them either in your bedroom or in here."

"Thanks dad..." He gives a small smile, looking me in the eye. I know he's always been a little weird about eye contact so knowing that he trusts me enough to look me in the eye is one of the best feelings I could have received. I turn to walk away. "Um dad?" He says quietly.

I turn back towards him. "Yeah what's up Ranboo?"

"The reason I don't know how these got here is because... I've been having weird... problems lately."

"Problems?" I asked, concerned. "What kind of problems?"

"Um... My memory. I just. I can't remember things a lot. Tommy will say something that he apparently told me before and I don't remember and sometimes I wake up in weird places and-" I see the steam starting to come off of his face and I know he's crying.

"Hey hey. It's okay. It doesn't matter. Whatever is happening we'll figure it out the same way we always have. Together." I wipe the tears from his face and hug him. He doesn't respond z he just hugs me back. I rub his back calmingly.

"Okay..." He says and just continues to hug me. We stay that way for a while.