-6 || wonwoo-

Wonwoo stared at his reflection. His glasses rested on the counter next to his hand. Of all people, why did his soulmate have to be Mingyu?

Mingyu, the outgoing, rich guy who's always on newspapers. Mingyu, the guy whose name was always floating around the school hallways. Mingyu, the one person everyone had their eyes on.

And now, everyone would know they were soulmates when they both show up to school with colored eyes.

Wonwoo didn't want to be in newspapers. He didn't want to be talked about anymore than he already was. He did not want to be Kim Mingyu's soulmate.

Mingyu's not a bad person. As far as Wonwoo knew from the constant gossip around him, the younger male has never committed a crime, never bullied anyone--he's even willing to always help those around him. Basically, he's never done anything that would make anyone consider him to be bad. Mingyu was probably perfect boyfriend material. But he was popular, and Wonwoo didn't want to be.

People would start digging when they found out his and Mingyu's new status. They didn't know anything about Wonwoo aside from the common knowledge of him being interested in photography. Wonwoo didn't want them to know anymore than that. It wasn't their business.

Which was exactly why he'd just pretend nothing happened and hope everyone forgets about it.

The eyes were another problem. Brown was starting to overtake the gray. Thankfully, his eyes didn't start changing until after he'd left Minghao and Junhui with the excuse that he had a work thing. Wonwoo had to admit he was fascinated by the color spreading across his iris.

Sighing, he put his glasses back on and left the bathroom. He walked quietly back to his room so as not to disturb his mother. The most obvious solution to the eye problem would be contacts. He sat on his bed and opened an online store on his phone. It took a while to find the contacts he needed. He paid extra for early morning delivery then leaned back against the bed frame.

Wearing contacts was probably going to make Mingyu look back. The younger wouldn't be able to say Wonwoo was his soulmate if Wonwoo's eyes are still gray.

Whatever. Wonwoo explained how he felt. Mingyu couldn't get mad.

🌈

"Your eyes are still gray," Seokmin said, looking intently into Wonwoo's eyes.

Wonwoo had to push his face away. "Yes, I'm aware."

He had woken up to the package on his porch. So, now, the chocolate brown that became his eye color overnight was back to its boring gray.

"But, all everyone's talked about today is Mingyu's eyes. And from what I've heard, you're the only one he's kissed in the past 24 hours."

"Well, must be some sort of bug in the system," Wonwoo replied.

"No, there's still"--Seokmin stopped to look at the clock on the wall then started counting on his fingers--"six hours left before he's officially not your soulmate."

"Everyone, shut up, please," the teacher, Mr. Min, said stepping into the room. Wonwoo silently thanked him.

"We've gotten the results back from the students who are willing to participate in our project. I have written the names of the students who have circled 'Yes' on the whiteboard. Two of you, one from each club, will be paired up. You will work together to interview, write an article, and do a photoshoot with one student on the board.

"Unfortunately, there are very few of you, so a couple of you guys will be given two students," Mr. Min explained. "Whoever writes the best article or articles will be given the chance at a summer internship with HIT Media."

Wonwoo perked up at this. An internship was just the thing he wanted. Photography has been his passion for years and an internship was a huge opportunity. Although, the company was pretty famous, they weren't likely to dig into his background. At least, not as deeply to get past what's been fabricated, like Mingyu's family would.

"Seokmin and Soonyoung, you two will work with Sunwoo and Hyunjae. Jisoo and Wonwoo, you two get Jeonghan and Mingyu . . ."

Wonwoo's head hit the desk, not as hard as he wanted to. He'd seen Mingyu's name on the board. But there were at least 15 people on there, and there were eleven club members. What were the chances that he'd have to work on an article about Mingyu?

He rose his hand. "Is it possible for us to switch partners?" Wonwoo asked.

Mr. Min shook his head. "Nope. Take who you've been assigned, or give up the internship."

🌈

Jihoon scooted the revolving chair closer to Wonwoo and handed him a stack of books. Wonwoo took them grudgingly, still annoyed by events that happened earlier that day.

"The video's gone, what are you so pissed off about?" Jihoon said, handing him another set of books.

"I thought I'd be free of this madness. Hell, I'm wearing contacts so I can go back to being in the background. But nooo, of course not. Once I'm in, there's no way to get out."

"Okay, back up a second," Jihoon said. "One, it'd be nice to know what happened. Two, you're wearing contacts?"

"Yes, Mingyu is my soulmate." Wonwoo stood up and took the books to the back and began putting them back on the shelf. Jihoon followed, and he too, began putting books on the shelf. The small male wasn't even really surprised. "I was given the chance at an internship, and in order to get it, I have to write an article on Mingyu and one of his best friends," Wonwoo finished.

"Are you working with somebody?"

"Yeah."

"Then why don't you just ask your partner if he'd be willing to take the Mingyu half of the project, and you take the other?" Jihoon asked, as he climbed up a ladder to get to the higher shelves.

Wonwoo paused and turned to his friend. "I hadn't thought about that." Jisoo and Mingyu lived together even. It'd be perfect.

"Are you really going to wear contacts for the rest of your life, though? Have you talked to him?" Jihoon asked.

Wonwoo gave him a look. "Says the one who's always wearing contacts in public. And yes, I have talked to him."

Jihoon nodded and shrugged. "My situation is different. I'm betting you didn't even tell him you were going to hide your eyes, did you? So, school must have been hell for him, wasn't it?"

Wonwoo didn't deny or agree with that statement. "You know exactly why I don't want to be with him," he said.

Jihoon climbed down the ladder and started walking back to the front of the library. "Touché."

--------------------

a/n: thank you to the few people who have been reading so far :))