Chapter 1 School of thought

Before starting, this book was originally written on Inkitt. I won't like if anyone copies this book. It was my first try and I worked hard on this book. Some are based on true events. Hope you would understand. And..
Continue reading :)

Living in a third world country is harder than you think. Well, I am the first child in my family. We were quite rich. I was born in the city Colombo.

My mom was elated to see a adorable baby with her in the hospital bed. Dad rushed to come see me. Everything was flawless in my life. I never doubted that my parents loved me more than anything or anyone else in the world, and I returned that adoration wholeheartedly from the first moment I was able to. They made me feel like a queen of the world every second I was with them. They backed me up in everything. My father was employed as a professor in the University of Colombo.

My mom she is the lady of the house. She had many dreams to achieve but as believed by women are not supposed to work. My mom was fighting for justice with my dad. She then came to an end that what dad was saying was right. It didn't make sense to me at all.

I was a toddler, I didn't know what my life will be. In almost all my memories, I was clinging to my grandma's legs and listening to all her interesting stories.

"The little girl didn't listen to her mom and didn't obey her customs, one day she ran away she was found dead, do you understand my beautiful Amaya how our customs should be respected."asked my grandma.

"Yes, Aachi but Aachi how did she die? Did the customs kill her? Was the custom a ghost?". I asked in curiosity.

My grandma burst into laughter. Obviously, what do you expect from a toddler.

" I can understand how you understood the customs.Now go to sleep my child and don't disturb your grandma" she said, she sat on the chair and started knitting.

I grew up passing my stages now I am five I was put to an international school, I was doing the Cambridge syllabus. I had new friends and life was not boring. I had a lot of things to learn I was delighted to go to school.

" Did you watch peppa pig yesterday? I love peppa pig" asked Nikasha. I was downhearted.

Few months back dad had a fight with mom because mom was listening to songs and didn't know that dad was ringing the doorbell. I was sitting on the floor with only my pants on and was playing with my toys. Few minutes after dad had called mom. She answered the phone, she was horror-struck. She ran fast as she could and opened the door. Dad was furious he banged the TV down on the ground.

" From now on no one is watching TV in the house. If I caught any of you, you can leave this house" he barked.

Nikasha was expecting an answer from me. Coming back from my thoughts I told her the reason.

" My dad broke the TV few months back " I replied.

" Why did he do that? Is he angry with the TV?" She asked curiously.

The bell rang we ran outside waiting for our parents to pick us up. I was happy escaped from telling the whole lot because I myself didn't know why he did such work.

Will a man bang a TV for a thing like this?

"How was school?" He asked, he was in a good mood I could see.

" Good, the teachers told I was well behaved today also I got stickers" I answered, I love stickers. It's like a promotion of being a good girl.

"That's good! I have a good news too. I can't wait till I get home to tell you this. Fingers crossed" he giggled.

I wondered what the surprise could be.

Is it my birthday?

No, it can't be. I celebrated last month as birthdays come once a year.

I was old enough to know that.

My birthday was a blast. I had my friends over. We had a party. The house was decorated with balloons. My friends loved the sweets my mom made. It was one of my best birthday ever.

So, what could it be. Fingers crossed.