Chapter 13 Somewhat joy

I opened my eyes at a slow pace. The sun dazed right on my face. I held my stomach in pain and caught sight of me lying down on a strange field. I found this place familiar but couldn't get an idea.

I pulled myself out from the fields prior to make it to the roadway. The road was bare. I couldn't see any wheels by. The next act was to proceed searching for Nikasha.

I wanted to go home but I feared dad might beat me or get me married to someone.

If I had a mobile phone, it would have been easy for me to contact her. But my parents never let me use the phone or even gifted me one. I haven't used any devices for more than 5 years. Except the TV. My grandma used to watch the TV secretly without dad knowing and I would sit down next to her watching her favourite Sinhala tele-dramas.

I smelt like garbage. I really needed to change my clothes. I realised that my bag was not there with me. I ran to the fields but didn't find my bag.

Probably it must be in the place i was kidnapped I thought.

I had all my necessary items in that. My food, clothes and some of my books but I had no hope in getting my bag back.

Facing the reality I walked as much as I could in search of hope. I was dieing of extreme hunger. My feet didn't go the way I want it to. Everything was blurred. I can't feel my feet and attempting to take another step made me fall. I could see people rushing to see me.

"Amaya! Is that you? What happened? Are you okay" I heard a familiar voice calling me. Before I could realise who it was, everything went pitch black.

"Amaya? Are you awake?" These repeated words made open my eyes. Taking a good look at the modern, lavish house and realising I was on a sofa and turned my head to see who was calling me.

"Nikasha? Is that really you?" I cried out of joy.

"Yes it's me" she smiled.

"Finally God cares about me" I said in relief.

"Why were you fallen in the middle of the road?" she asked in confusion.

"I will tell you but after you offer me something to eat" I said.

"Before that, you should have a wash. You smell like garbage" she smiled. I agreed with that. I smelled like garbage.

"I feel so fresh now.. What's that smell?It smells so good" I guided my way to the dining table. The table was filled with food. I immediately placed myself on the chair and gobbled all the food piece by piece.

"Woah slow down. You're acting like you have been kidnapped for days and no one has given food" she chuckled.

"How did you guess?" I replied while trying to chew my food.

"Wait, you didn't get kidnapped right?" She looked at me baffled.