Chapter 14 Heart to Heart

"And I ran away from the house" I explained.

Her room was bigger than the previous house but I really missed everything about her previous house. We used to sit like this on the bed and play truth or dare. I loved the way we used to come from school and spend the whole evening with her. It was way better than spending time with my family.

"You shouldn't have done that. You should've spoken with your father and convince him" she said.

"There was no way but run. Nothing will be solved if I talked to him" I said.

"What happened next?" She asked curiously.

"I came to your previous house but you were not there" I said.

"My dad needed a better house because he got a better job but I didn't like moving." She said "I liked my previous house better"

"I liked your previous house too. It was full of memories" I said.

"Okay, carry on with your story" she insisted.

"Then some jaundiced people were following me and they hit in the back of my head." I explained " when I opened my eyes I was in some odd room"

"I wish I could experience that" she told me.

"Wait, Are you serious?" I said "I went through whole lot of shit. I didn't get proper food and there was this weird man who called me darling. No one would like to experience what I experienced"

"Didn't you get anyone who did take care of you?" She asked.

"May-be there was" I hesitated.

"Who was it?" She asked curiously.

"This boy called Luke.. he helped me.." I turned to look at Nikasha.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Your face turned red while you were talking about him" she smiled. "You probably have a crush on him don't you?" She raised her eyebrows up and down.

"Eww no.. I don't.. I don't have a crush on him" I hesitated.

"It's the truth. I am studying Psychology" she said.

"Psychology my foot" I said.

Why would I have a crush on him?

"Is he handsome?" She asked curiously.

It made me imagine of him. The way he smiled and the way he helped me. I felt sorry at times the way I got angry at him. He did the best he could and it's not his fault for my mom's mistakes.

"Hey answer me. Is he handsome?" She asked.

"It's not important" I replied "Then my dead mom was standing infront me-"

"Your mom was dead!?" She was shook.

"Yes, she died due to cancer and then I got to know she faked her death and then she had inserted some chip in my body-"

"Woah, hold on" she interrupted "your telling me your mother was dead and she faked her death and inserted some chip in your body?" She asked in confusion.

"Yes" I said.

"Your not lying right?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"I need a help from you" I said " Can I stay here for a while till I find a way to solve my problems?"

"You can stay here anytime you want but a piece of advice. Anything can be solved if you could spend time talking with your father" she said.

"Maybe your right but I don't want to end being an blushing bride" I said.

"Well I don't mind marrying a man with deep pockets" she winked.

I looked out the window. I heard a tapping on the window and then it became a pitter-patter. People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water. Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. The roofs of the cars danced with spray and I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window. It sounded like the buzzing of angry bees.

The sound of the doorbell brought my eyes away from the window. The doorbell is a simple thing. Yet, for me it's a nightmare. It could be my dad, the police or kidnappers again.

"Nikasha, could you open the door for me?" I  hesitated.

"I got you covered baby" she winked "all with the karate moves are not going to waste this time" She walked towards the door.

I hid in the room keeping an attention to the voices.

"Hello, may I know who you are?"

"Is Amaya there?"

Wait, I know this voice....