Chapter 10 The small talk

The door noise made me awake. Thankfully it was Luke.

"Good morning! Are you feeling okay? You look sick" he didn't notice my wounds as it was covered by my clothes.

"Who was that man who came last night?" I asked him.

"Ah that man.. he is Asanka.. he does the night shift" he answered "Why did you ask?"he was confused.

"I don't want him to assist me.. can you only check on me?" I was thinking all what horrific moments happened last night.

"I can't do that I have do as my boss says but why so?"

"Because... because I believe in you"

"Believe in me? I can be the worst kidnapper" he laughed.

"Not worse than him" I rolled my eyes.

"What makes you say that?" He asked in confusion.

"That's what I think" I didn't want to tell him the detail about that man Asanka. I feared he will beat me again. I didn't want to take the risk.

"That's what you think?" He raised his eyebrows.

"He beated me like shit " I barked. Words slipped from my mouth but i had to say. I didn't want that person to come visit me again. And if I had an urge to pee in the night I feared to trust him. What if he secretly watched me peeing in the washroom. No, thank you. I was partly happy that I said.

He looked shocked and concerned. " Did he?". I removed my coat and showed the bruises they were still fresh and smarting. My eyes dissolved in tears. I knew he was sorry. His eyes noticed the broken wooden pieces and then he seated next to me on the cement floor.

"Look.. I can't.. do anything about it" he explained "it's all in my supervisor's hand-"

"You mean my mom" I interrupted.

"Yes, your mom" he nodded " it will be just one night ok?"

"I guess" we both exchanged smiles.

"Just be safe. Don't give him much speech" he advised.

"Ok" I nodded. I didn't yet have the much courage to face it but I still trust his words.

"What is with the tablets he has?" I asked curiously.

"OLD.. Obsessive Love Disorder, the name of the tablet is Valium.. but it can be cured" he sighed " I don't have an idea why did he beat you" he told in confusion.

"Maybe he was jealous or something" I told him " I told him that it would be better if you assist me that's when he started beating me up"

"Ah so then you are the Juliet" he raised his eyebrows up and down.

"Eww! no.. why would he love me all of a sudden?" I rolled my eyes.

"He was in love with a girl named Thirushi.. he was obsessed in her and then once due to a road accident she passed away" he told me " maybe he thinks your Thirushi"

"How old is he?" I asked.

"He is on his late twenties"

"Twenties!? He looks so damn old" I was amazed.

"He was addicted to drugs"

"Was?"

"Ok, still" he rolled his eyes.

"How do you know all this? I guess your a curious George like me" I smiled.

"He was my friend from childhood but now he kind of hates me" he said dolefully.

"He said you were a jerk" I giggled.

"No he didnt" his smile flickered across his face like a hologram.

I was happy to see him smile it made me happy too. He looked so cute. Ughh what am I thinking.

"Ok it's time for me to leave.. be careful" he left the room.

Talking with him was the best to comfort me. I felt relaxed and ready to face anything with that Asanka.