Chapter 16) Faded Realities

Published on :- 4th/January/22

.

.

"Is it crazy to like someone

If you can't promise to be with

that person forever?"

ARIKA

.

.

ARIKA POV :-

The air was ashy , breathing was becoming inexorably difficult. My lungs were filling with air and the noices all around me sounded muffed from the explosion.

My sight was becoming blurred and everything looked incredibly slow as if i , were looking through a window at someone's else life.

My life wasn't like this. How this happened to me?

I looked around me and this thought of reality was slapping my soul in attempt to made me realise that if was truth not lies.

My parents were there , crying , begging.

My brothers were kneeling next to me , trying to say something but I did not seem to be paying attention.

My entire focus was on someone. That someone was on his knees , a streak of pain coloured his face as blood rippling from his torso , ruining his white shirt of his school uniform and painting down the dirt on the ground.

My eyes found pain , tears and sympathy in that person's eyes.

I looked away guiltily.

My ears were ringing , my hearing was starting to come back slowly as I heard my parents voices of calling me.

I was devastated.

I was shocked.

I was trembling.

A fear slipped into my heart.

It was , that incident was beyond from my expectations as I turned my sight from the familiar faces of my family members and then just I saw my own reflection in , one of the broken pieces of glasses.

My own reflection looked into my eyes and I found strange glints of hatred. I saw pure hate , hate for myself.

Hate for unable to do anything.

Hate for not able to stop this bloodthirsty revenge game.

This hate was for myself.

For my disabilities .

For my weaknesses.

It was pure blood hate , that hate for myself that instantly freeze my heart.

This hate was not chosen by me. I have never hated anyone in my life.