Weep not the roads untravelled

Alina knocked on the door of Raichand manor and was led to the private living room by Sitaram.
"Umm hello haseena aunty", said Alina in shaky voice.
"Alina. Come on in."
"Siddharth said you wanted to speak with me."
"Yea actually i wanted to give you something." She pulled a wooden box out of a drawer and opened it and showed it to Alina.
"Thats mine. I lost it few days back."
"You must be careful with such an object Alina. A necromancer's stone is very dangerous in wrong hands."
"Yes I understand. Where did you find it?"
"Abhay did. In Maithili's chambers. What were you doing there with it?"
"Aghreev has gotten my family under his spell he wants them to capture Abhay. They wanted me to call on Maithili's soul to lure Abhay in."
"Your mother doesn't know the truth?"
"No. I tried my best to hide that fact. But Jeh found it the other day and ..."
"Siddharth saved you from your brother's wraith", completed Haseena.
"Thats twice your sons have saved my life. I am terribly sorry for all this misfortune that has come upon you."
"Abhay told me you blame yourself for all this. Alina, child, you did nothing wrong. You need to stop blaming yourself. Besides we know a way out of this. Stop worrying." Haseena's eyes darkened thinking of the price she is going to have to pay for this. She quickly casted the thought aside and said "Siddharth told me about your mother. I want you to stay here as our guest until the battle is over. You will be safer here i think."
Alina was grateful to haseena for this gesture.

Outside Chand explained them brothers the information they gathered from ancient one. "Ministry won't stand back. They would definitely be present to ensure things turn out in their favour and the fact that we - or I - are not pulling a coup to overthrow them", explained Chand.
"Their presence can help us fight those packs of werewolves. Otherwise we will be outnumbered for sure.", said Sid.
"That could be an advantage no doubt. But I recommend caution"
"I am surprised ancient one gave you information this easily.", exclaimed Abhay.
"We - had a bargain of the sorts. We go way back. He is my creator so it helped.", said Chand thinking carefully.
"What's that mark on the back of your hand?", asked Sid.
"Aah nothing just a little something on our journey.", said Chand covering it with his sleeves. "So you boys clear? Then i am gonna go on a hunt.", said Chand getting up and Haseena joined him. Both brothers knew well that the two always hunted together. They did not want to know any more details about their parents' hunting traditions.

"Do you feel a melancholy in mom's aura?", asked Abhay looking at his mother leaving with Chand.
"She is tensed after coming back. I have noticed. There is pain. Though i cant get through her mind to reach those thoughts."
"Me neither. She is using her necromancer powers."
"We'll find out don't worry. Btw what is that smell i get around you? Is that Piya little brother? Were you - together?", said Sid in teasing tone.
"I liked you better before when you were uncaring brother.", said Abhay with a slight hint of blush  on his pale cheeks.
"Awww did i get too personal? Did you not want to tell me something. Something very personal."
"Good bye", said Abhay as he left a teasing Siddharth.
"Make sure to hunt. You don't want to drain her entirely", shouted Siddharth.

*
Piya came home feeling dazed after her rendezvous with Abhay. As she sat on armchair removing her shoes her mind wandered off in the forests reminiscing.
"Ahme ahem. Kaha se aa rahi ho madam?", asked Misha.
"What nothing bas ese hi?"
"Aha blushing red face. Chehre par naya naya glow and", she inhaled the air around her, "i say love is in the air or definitely Abhay is."
"Shhhh chup pagal. Kuch bhi bolti ho. Acha now i am tired i am going to change and sleep. Bye", shushed Piya to Misha.
"Haan thakan to hogi. Itna mehnat ka kaam jo kiya he."

Piya ran away from there blushing harder and locked herself in her room. She undressed herself to change into pyjamas but stopped and kept looking at herself in the mirror, her hand hovering over her lips, face, neck, arms as she remembered his touch.