Chapter 2 : Date

Getting up earlier than planned and messing up their closets trying to find something nice to wear, it was a morning filled with nervousness and excitement for the two young men who were feeling unusually giddy before their first date.

They arrived at their meeting place way earlier than planned but running into each other right after reaching made them both feel a little bashful but happy, knowing they were both equally looking forward to this date.

"You look great in casual wear", Sasuke commented as they walked towards their first destination, a café near the station that they met up at.

"Thank you, you look great as well", Naruto grinned, just a little bashful at this cliche development, just like in a shojo manga. But he was glad nonetheless, afterall he did put in all that effort into getting ready, so now he felt that it was worth the effort.

"Thanks, it was worth making a mess out of my closest afterall", Sasuke chuckled happily - Saying out loud the exact same thing that Naruto was thinking about.

"For real?! I bet you'd look good in anything though! I, for one, tried super hard to choose the right things wear, so my closet is definitely messier than yours", Naruto laughed and gave a bright grin, even happier to know that Sasuke did the same thing as himself.

Sasuke couldn't help but blush a little at his words topped with that beautiful grin, "You shouldn't have,  you're the one who'd definitely look good in anything.. your smile is blindingly beautiful"

"Wha-!", Naruto blushed red, hitting the raven's shoulder with the back of his hand, "Shut up! you're so cheesy!"

Sasuke smiled happily, "Cheesy, huh? Maybe but, I was so restless I couldn't sleep much last night, that's how much I was looking forward to today, so I'm glad that I got to see you smile"

"In all honesty, it was the same for me, I was so excited that I could barely sleep, so I'm really happy that you felt the same", Naruto smiled bashfully.

Sasuke couldn't stop smiling, they reached the café sooner than expected and Sasuke held the door open to let Naruto enter first, Naruto laughed trying to hide his embarrassment, teasingly calling Sasuke a gentleman.

They ordered something light and waited for it to arrive, having a comfortable chat.

"By the way, I wasn't sure if I should ask this but I'm curious, soo...", Naruto trailed off hesitantly, still unsure about if it was alright to ask something personal now, now that they seem a little more comfortable with each other,   even until just yesterday they were still too awkward to talk about anything too personal so they'd only talked about school stuff or something else which was equally unimportant as that.

"It's okay, ask me anything", Sasuke reassured him confidently, blowing away all of Naruto's doubts and hesitation.

Naruto let out his breath that he'd held unknowingly, it sounded like a relieved sigh, he smiled genuinely, "You've always been really popular but you said you've never dated before so I was curious about that, though well personally I'm glad to be your first", he grinned, all the while feeling a little shy about saying it out loud.

Sasuke blushed a little, coughing to cover it up, "I'm happy to be your first too", he mumbled quietly, making Naruto grin wider and feel his heart skip a beat.

Sasuke continued, in a serious tone, "As for why I've never dated before... It's because I'm only popular with girls, even though I don't swing that way", he shrugged with a smirk that looked a little lonely and didn't reach his eyes.

"I can't believe how lucky I am right about now, if you didn't swing this way, I'd never have a chance with you! So I bet that I used up my entire life's luck to have you  swing this way", Naruto leaned forward on the table, giving a cute flirtatious grin as he said this, just trying to cheer him up but he truly meant what he said.