How I Deal With Teasing

Teasing can be one of the most annoying, dangerous, and funny things depending on how you take it. But the first thing to note for whatever sort of teasing is to KNOW AND ACCEPT WHO YOU ARE.

Knowing who you are and accepting the fact that you are who you are and that you won't change for anyone is very important in life. It helps you deal with obstacles easily.

For instance, there was a time when I was busily writing in my journal and one of my classmates commented on my habit. It was like she was annoyed. I just brushed it off and carried on writing because number one, I love writing, and number two, I do what is good for me.

There was another time when one girl laughed at me saying I have a flat chest (small breasts). I didn't care. Simply because I know what I have and what I don't have and I'm okay. I appreciate what I have.

All these scenarios are pinpointing at one major thing, and that is, KNOW WHO YOU ARE and you're good to go.

The next point to note about teasing is, IGNORE IT. Learning how to ignore people, that is, turning a deaf ear to the comments people make about you is very important. If you pay too much attention to the snide comments people make about you, you won't live a happy life because you'll be too busy caring about what person A is saying about your face and what person B is saying about your clothes.

It's your life, not theirs. Anyone who cares about you will find a very polite way of telling you about your shortcomings. And when they do, don't get angry. Calmly accept whatever corrections they're giving you and apply them if necessary.

The thing about teasing is, the person teasing you might only be playing around with you but you don't know that and you might take it as a big deal. So the best thing to do in such a situation is to approach the person and tell them you don't like them teasing you. If it goes too far, you can always inform the one in authority.

If you don't approach the person and you continue to suck it in, you'll only be hurting yourself and the person teasing you won't feel a thing because they don't know the way you feel.

That's about it for how I deal with teasing. If you have any questions or contributions, feel free to ask me in the comment section and I'll get to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading.

Love,
Abena.