Living A Healthy 2022

2020 was a good year. 

COVID-19 came, yes but it was still good. 

We lost some loved ones on the way but it was still good. They're in a happy place and you're still alive; which is good. We're all happy. 

We had time to look at ourselves. Like really look at ourselves and fix whatever is wrong with us, accept who we are, and protect ourselves. That's good. 

Then 2021 came. 

It was also a good year. We lived with COVID-19. We wore masks, used a lot of hand sanitizers, wash our hands more, and tried our bests to protect ourselves from getting infected. 

We went back to school, work and kind of resumed our normal lives before the pandemic. That was okay. It was good. 

We got to see our loved ones and socialize again. We escaped people who didn't recognize us with our masks on. That's cool. We're like some not-so-secretive ninjas. 

Life is good. 

No matter what, life is good. 

So 2022. 

Wow, we're growing up. That's cool, I guess. 

We have so many responsibilities now. 

We can do this. You can do this and I can definitely do this. 

I don't know what's gonna happen this year but no matter what happens, know that life is good, everything happens for a reason, and look on the bright side of situations even if it looks as if there's no bright side, look for it, create your own because you deserve to be happy just as much as everyone else. 

Don't bow down to people this year or any other year. Yes, live a humble life but don't stoop so low for people to the extent that your self-esteem is damaged. 

Live your life to please you and your Maker. There will be days when you feel down, yes, there will be days where people get in your business and talk whatever they wanna say about you, yes, it's inevitable but I'm telling you, my friend, that you can overcome that. You can ignore them and live a happy and healthy life starting from now. You can read the previous chapter on "How I Deal With Teasing". I'm sure those strategies will help you just as they help me. 

Look, you have to believe in yourself and have patience. Patience is a virtue everyone is to have. Patience is how nature works. It takes time but in the end, nature is beautiful because of its patience. Life is not easy but if you rush, you'll get it all wrong. You'll make the uneasy life a mess that you'll have to set straight and that will take time. 

Do what you gotta do. That is the right thing whether someone is watching you or not. Always stand for what is right. Prioritize your needs. Say no when you gotta say no, and yes when you gotta say yes. Live your life to please nobody. Don't live according to the trends of the world. Don't push yourself too much to do things you aren't supposed to do. Take breaks, have enough rest. Manage your time. Don't spend time on unnecessary things. Manage your money. Don't buy everything. Spend money on things you really need; things that have an impact on your life. Manage your food. Don't eat anything and everything. Save some food. Eat well. Donate if you want to. Don't feel pressured into doing things. 

Be happy. 

Set your goals and work towards them. Both short and long-term goals. 

Read. 

Write.

Relax and treat yourself. 

Make good friends and stay in touch with the good old ones. 

Flush toxic people out of your life. Your mental health matters. 

Study and work hard. 

Strife to achieve your goals. 

Pray!

And I promise you that 2022 will be the year you share testimonies upon testimonies. 

You are a blessing. 

You are a winner. 

And you are winning this year. 

You're gonna make it. 

You've made it. 

We've made it. 

I've made it. 

Happy New Year. Have a blessed year! 

Love, 
Abena.