Gaslighting

*Gaslighting*
It's a form of psychological abuse. The victim is often led to question their thoughts by the gaslighter; but at the same time, the victim finds nothing wrong with it due to the manipulative behaviour of the gaslighter.

*Here are the common types of gaslighting to be aware of:*

* Gaslighters like to play the victim in situations by shifting blame on you. They never accept fault and they don't acknowledge your feelings in order to make you feel bad about the situation that wasn't even your fault. They block you out and they always question your judgement on things they do by confusing you to believing your thoughts are wrong and they are right. You end up accepting their theory without much thought just because you don't want your relationship to end.

* Gaslighters make you feel like they're the only ones there for you even though you may have others looking out for you. At times, you might feel there's something wrong between you and the person gaslighting you but then, there's always something compelling you to stay because they can satisfy a certain need on your part. You tend to keep things away from the people who actually care about you because you may be afraid they'll judge you even though that's not the case.

* Another thing is, gaslighters don't open up easily to their victims. They try their best to paint a perfect picture of themselves which blinds you into trusting them. You question your mental wellbeing. In this state, the person might make you feel like you're not okay and whatever you're going through isn't normal.

Don't argue with yourself when you have doubts about someone. No matter how nice they are, keep your distance.
No when you're right and when you're wrong. Apologise when you're wrong and move on.
Accept that some people are good while others are bad for you and shouldn't have a place in your life.
Pen your feelings down and talk to a trusted friend. Don't fight it alone. You might end up in a place you don't want to be. That trusted friend of yours might know something you don't or might have gone through a similar situation.

Always remember, you are enough :)