Chapter Six

Summer seemed to pass by dreadfully slow in the Black household. Sirius spent most of his time with James, while Thea spent a lot of time with Regulus and their cousins. It wasn't Thea's dream, but it was better and she hoped it would prepare her for Hogwarts. 

Sirius watched his sister from the window of the train, their mother's bony hand gripping her shoulder while she whispered something in her ear. The second she stepped onto the train, it felt like the pressure of the entire universe was lifted off of him. He wanted more than anything to grab her, bring her into his compartment with the Marauders and just have her be free. But he knew better, he knew he had to wait, at least until the train took off.

Thea followed her younger brother quietly. She hated it, truthfully. Regulus was a first year, but eyes followed him throughout the train. Some had great expeditions for him, others were waiting to see if he was like his brother. But Thea, who was she? Only their family and  few "trustworthy" Slytherins knew of her. It would be a lot easier for her to break beyond what they wanted, despite her mothers harm on her. 

The two sat alone in a train compartment. Thea didn't want to really look at Regulus, so her eyes tracked every tree they passed. It wasn't that she didn't like Regulus, she loved him and she appreciated him. But at the end of the day, he believed in what their parents believed in, even if he didn't necessarily hurt Thea.

"So... where's your sister?" Remus pried, looking up from his book as Sirius nervously tapped his foot. 

"With Regulus," Sirius answered shortly. "I'm getting her soon."

"How is she?" Peter asked, the group being careful with their questions. 

"Good. I think.. I hope."

"I'm sure she's fine Sirius," James reassured, "We can't wait to meet Blondie anyways."

Back in other compartment, Thea was getting nervous too. 

"What's the matter?" Regulus asked, confused.

"I've talked to like five people my entire life. And I don't even like most of them, how am I supposed to just show up third year of Hogwarts when everyone already knows each other? I don't even own any clothes Regulus, not beyond my school robes and those hideous dresses."

"You're overthinking it Thea, people in the Slytherin house are looking forward to us and there's nothing wrong with your clothes, in fact they are very expensive. Worse comes to worse, borrow something from Cissy."

"I don't want to dress that way. I don't want to wear anyones clothes but my own," Thea argued.

"It'll work out, give it time. For now, we have a reputation to keep." 

"What a lousy reputation," Sirius smiled as he slid the door open, earning a gentle smile from Thea. 

"Sirius, you shouldn't be in here."

"Calm down. I'm not going to still Thea. She can come with me, if she wants. And you- you should go make friends," Sirius answered. 

Thea watched the tension between her brothers, bitting the inside of her cheek. Nervously, she twirled the hem of her skirt. 

"Regulus-," Thea started, but he interrupted her.

"I know, it's okay," he sighed, wishing the two off. 

"I love you, I'll see you soon. Go find friends," Thea whispered, kissing the top of his head before leaving with Sirius.

When the twins got back to the Marauders compartment, eyes flew to the pair. They looked simultaneously alike, and different. They both shared a sharp jawline, and the same eyeshadow, along with eyebrows. But Thea was pale, paler than anything ever seen, as if she'd never seen sunlight. And her hair was blonde, nearly as light as Malfoy's. Thea also had big blue eyes, closer to Regulus color.

"This is Thea!" Sirius grinned as Thea awkwardly waved at them. 

"Hi Thea," the boys said in unison as they scooted to offer her a seat. 

As the group talked and asked Thea questioned, Remus studied her appearance. She was just as small as when he first saw her, the same big eyes, hopefully yet sad. Her blonde hair was straighten and fell down past her chest, pulled back by a black headband. His cheeks flushed as he watched her.

Thea's tongue felt too bit in her mouth as she tried to keep up with them. She was doing well, but nonetheless this was foreign too her. 

"What house are you hoping for Thea?" Peter asked, offering her a piece of candy but she declined. 

"Oh anything but Slytherin, really," Thea answered. 

"She's going to be a Gryffindor," Sirius chimed in. "She is terribly smart though."

"Looks like you and Moony might get along," James smiled. Moony's eyes widened as he smiled a bit, before pretending to be interested in his book again. 

"How was the summer? Sirius talked lots of you to my parents, their excited to meet you," James said. 

"Well I'm just glad it's September," Thea laughed a bit. 

"You look nothing like Sirius," Peter noted, then apologized incase it was weird.

"Well, I'm clearly the more attractive one," Thea smiled, and the Marauders, minus Sirius, all laughed knowing that was a familiar line. 

"Okay, maybe there are a few similarities," Peter laughed. 

The train ride began to feel more and more natural as the group filled her in on her soon to be teachers and other students. When the train stopped, she went to find Regulus before he went off with the first heard and hugged him, telling him good look.

Thea followed the rest of the students to the castle until she was separated into a group of non-first years that haven't been sorted either. All of her nerves resurfaced again. The sorting of the first years seemed to last forever, but then she heard her name. Dorothea Black. The Great Hall went silent as she walked up, other than confused whispered and glances. 

The sorting hat was gently placed on her head as the it began a private conversation with the child. The hat erupted in laughter, talking of Sirius and then little Regulus, before erupting and screaming "GRYFFINDOR!" 

The entire Gryffindor table roared with pride as they clapped. Sirius stood up and shouted, earning a glance from the head boy, but he didn't care. She looked over to give Regulus a smile, the two looking at each other before Sirius dragged her to sit down with his friends. 

"I told you guys that we should be in Gryffindor," Sirius beamed proudly as he stuffed his face with food. The group laughed and talked, enjoying their first week back.