Chapter Eight

It took until fourth year for Thea to suspect anything. It was strange, a girl so smart yet she was dumb sometimes. She could run into walls with her eyes open, she would win any trivia game, knew every spell and charm in the book. But common sense? Well there seemed to be a lack of that in the Black siblings.

"Moony has been acting strange," Thea huffed as sat on the couch, her fingers working through her blonde hair to make a braid.

"He's just been acting like Moony," James pushed it off.

"I disagree with you James. Have you seriously not noticed it? His aggression, he's exhausted. Remus never sleeps. It's not like Rem to be short tempered."

"Oh so you watch Remus' every moment now? Sounds to me like someone has a crush," James teased, knowing it'll push her off the subject.

"No," Thea answered sternly. "I'm concerned for my friend. Maybe you should try it to James." On that note, Thea walked to her dorm room with her homework in her hand.

"What's the matter Thee?" Marlene asked as soon as she walked in the door. Thea sat on her own bed miserably staring at the ceiling.

"I don't even know. Everyone is acting weird, especially Remus. And I've been thinking about how Christmas break is coming soon, I don't want to go back to the house."

"Thea don't worry about it. You worry way too much, about everyone and everything. You don't have to care of anyone but yourself, so just do that," Marlene answered as she sat on her own bed, painting a deep maroon color on her nails. "Let me paint your nails, it'll help."

About half way through her second hand being painted, Lily walked in with her books, sitting cries crossed on her bed.

"Lily I think there is something wrong with Remus," Thea said anxiously, causing Marlene to gently slap one of her hands, telling her not to worry. Lily's eyes immediately widened before she looked away, peaking Thea's interest.

"I'm sure Remus is fine," Lily finally said, pretending to be enthralled in her book on plants.

"You really think so? I've been worried, I don't think any of the boys have noticed, but I figured you have," Thea rambled. Lily only nodded her head, beginning to nervously bite her nails. Thea watched Lily's nervous tick start, but only took note of it.

By the time dinner was ready in the Great Hall, Thea couldn't find Remus anywhere. She didn't want to pry, so she just accidentally knocked on the boys dorm and just accidentally looked for a book in the library. But he was no where to be found. She was beyond worried and every time she asked anyone, they shoved it off.

That's it, I'm taking this into my own hands. As soon as it hit dark, Thea went under James bed to find the cloak, going into her library.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" James shouted. "It's fine, it's fucking gone."

"How- how do you even lose an invisible cloak?" Peter asked, searching around the room with Sirius.

"I don't know Peter!" James snapped, rubbing his fingers over his temples. "This is bad."

"We need to go. Now. Moony is transforming with or without your cloak," Sirius said.

"How are we going to get out there?" Peter asked nervously.

"I don't know Pete, but we will figure it out." The group agreed on that. James ran an anxious hand through his hair before standing up and taking lead.

It was nearly two a.m. when Thea almost screamed in frustration. She had gone through every single book she could possibly think of- yet nothing explained Moony's behavior and his random ailments. He wasn't sick, mentally or physically. Remus would have told her if there was something wrong at home, right? No amount of normal hormones would make him angry and short tempered- not Remus.