Chapter Ten

Thea scrunched her nose up, making a sour face as she rolled her eyes. "That's disgusting. It smells like shit." 

    "So does weed, but that doesn't seem to bother you," Sirius argued, taking in a drag of his cigarette despite his sister's protest. 

    "Yeah, weed actually feels good," Thea snapped back. The group sat at the edge of the forest, using the heavy line of trees as protection from the rain. 

    "It's very humid," Peter anxiously complained, twisting the ends of his shirt around his fingers.

     "It's gonna be alright Pete," Thea smiled reassuringly. 

     "No need to be nervous," Remus commented, "Thea is the smartest girl I know, if anyone can get this perfect it's her." 

    "Oh so I'm only the smartest girl?" Thea teased.

    "No- No! That's not what I meant."

    "Hm seems a bit sexist to me," James commented, his face getting red. 

    "I am not sexist," Remus stammered, his face flushing. Suddenly, the first roll of thunder erupted into the dark sky, catching the groups attention.

    "Alright, let's get this shit done," Thea mumbled, cracking her fingers and making eye contact with everyone to make sure they are ready. Quickly, they ran out into the pouring rain. Thea looked around and for a minute, time seemed to stop. The rain drenched them, and they laughed at the feeling of the warm summer storm. Each one of them raced each other to the middle of the field. 

    The next roll of thunder boomed again as the group slowed to a stop, out of breath and soaked. 

    "Mkay, any second... you guys ready?" Remus said, watching his friends form a circle. "You guys don't have to do this for me." 

     "Yes, we are ready," James answered for everyone, nodding at Remus. With a quick glance at each other, the group raised their wands to their hearts, chanting "Amato Animo Animato Animagus". Lightening appeared in the sky, and suddenly Thea felt a second heart beat develop.

    "Do you guys feel that?" Thea breathed out, the other three nodding their heads. "Okay.. we have to go then." As instructed, everyone ran to the designated spot, which is where Thea had hidden the crystal phial. Once they got there, it had changed into a red liquid.  

    They stood in the quiet chamber, finally out of the rain, yet still wet as their clothes stuck to their skin, they looked rather pitiful. They were out of breath, wet, and adrenaline was pumping through their veins. 

    "I-I don't know," Peter shook his head, breathing quickly. He looked around the room, almost looking like he wanted to escape. 

    "Peter, Peter," James grabbed his shoulders. "It's okay." 

    "We are all doing this," Sirius said softly. Peter nodded his head, gulping. 

    Once again, they pointed their wands to their chests and repeated the same chant, then drank the potion. 

    "Fuck," James breathed out, doubling over in pain, the sound of two heart beats ringing his eyes. His eyesight became blurry as he looked around, the rest of them in the same state, besides Remus. Then everything went black. 

    When Thea woke up, everything felt different. Her senses were heightened, and she could smell and see in ways she has never experienced. Woah, this feels different... it feels good. Thea looked around the room, seeing an awkward standing stag... was that James?  The stag moved around, prancing around its own body. Definitely James.