Pilot

*I've always wanted to write this, I have it on paper but I didn't think anyone would like it, then I found the amazing story 'Help Me' (search up radiodust, help me and follow the person who wrote it!!!) This story also helps me cope as I sort of wrote Angel into my character. I hope you guys enjoy!!! Also happy new year💗💗💗 love to you all*

**FUTURE WRITER HERE. Loved this story, but I think it lacks in a lot of places. Now that I understand my mental health better and how to deal with it, and have been doing a lot in terms of my English writing GCSE, I think I can do this story better. So be prepared! Hope you enjoy.**

Angel got up out of his bed, 4am, he sighed, that was as much sleep as he was going to get. He put his clothes on and fed fat nuggets, his pig looked up at him with pure love in his eyes as Angel placed the food down Infront of him. Angel smiled and quietly left his room. He tiptoed down the stairs, cursing every creak of the steps as he slowly approached the kitchen. With hesitancy, he opened the pantry. He grimaced at the selection of food, to many calories, the voice whispered into his head as he shifted his gaze from item to item.

He settled for a granola bar, splitting it into four pieces, he could eat it throughout the day, it wouldn't be to much right? He ate it slowly, savouring every bite, he was so hungry. Insults and slurs spiralled in his head as he swallowed the bar with much struggle.

He put the rest of the bar in his shorts pocket, his stomach growling desperately for more. He shook his head and walked over to the TV, turning it on and flicking through the channels as he made himself comfortable on the couch, settling for a boring cooking show, the only interesting thing on at this hour.

It didn't take long for his eyelids to start drooping, his eyes closing shut for just a little while, before a flash of red and oh so familiar laughter startled him awake, eyes shooting open as his body jumped forward. He let out a shaky breath, fuck him if he wanted one good night of sleep. He took another breath, then another, blinking back furiously to stop the tears threatening to spill down his cheeks.

He hated this feeling, the feeling that he could do nothing to stop this feeling, not knowing what to do to help it, other than making all of his thoughts and feelings stop permanently. He stood up quickly, walking over to the bathroom, he couldn't think like that. He went up to the sink, opening the cabinet and reaching for a smaller locked box, of which he pulled the key out for and opened it with. Inside were a fair few bottles of pills, anti depressants, anxiety medication, general drugs and sleeping pills. He grabbed whatevers was there and popped it into his mouth, shoving it all back into the box hastily and shoving the locked box into the cabinet. He avoided looking at his reflection, turning around, now would be a great time for a smoke.

-

The early morning breeze felt very refreshing as he opened the door to the hotel's roof. Fortunately for him there always seemed to be a pack of cigarettes and a lighter laying somewhere and the roof ledge. He lit himself a cigarette and leaned against the Sade of the roof, his eyes slowly moving downwards to look at the view. Bad idea. The ground looked very far away, the lights off of buildings and cars overwhelming him, the voice at the back of his head telling him now would be the perfect time to let everything go. No more pain, no one even here to stop him, it was just so easy.

Suddenly feeling overwhelmed and anxiety filled, he pushed himself away from the ledge, so quickly that he stumbled and fell onto the hard ground. Trying to regain his breath. He was hyper sensitive to every noise around him, and immediately heard the shuttle movement behind him, scrambling to get up, his eyes wide, full of tears, trying to regain his usual confidence demeanor to whatever made that noise,
"The fuck?!... Who's there?" He said, pushing
Angel shouted scrambling to get to his feet.

Out of the shadows a figure materialised, Angel watched as it stepped out of the darkness, the bright red eyes and iconic smile means it can only be one demon. Alastor did not react to Angel's 'state',
"Hello Angel!" Angel groaned mentally, great, out of all of the demons who could've seen him like this, it had to be him.
"What the fuck do you want? Are you following me?" Angel asked. For a split second it almost seemed like the other demon blushed. And then he quickly shook his head exclaiming,
"No no!! This is where I come when I need to... Clear my mind." He approached Angel, and Angel stepped back a moment before Alastor walked past him to the edge of the roof, "Well, do you by any chance have a cigarette on you?" Alastor asked, leaning on the side, Angel nodded and slowly walked up to him, handing him a cigarette, before awkwardly placing his hands on the side of the roof to steady himself. Don't look down.

Angel looked away from Alastor, not daring to make eye contact with him. And again, his gaze finally fell on the city below, every felling in his head repeating, the quickly increasing anxiety as he tried to hold himself together infront of Alastor, he couldn't cry infront of him. He couldn't. His breathing shifted slowly, increasing, since when had the air gotten so thin up here. He felt a hand on his shoulder and it snapped him out of it, flinching and moving backwards, holding his shoulder.

He looked and saw Alastor, smile ever so slightly altered, and the slight change in his eyebrows that created wrinkles on his forehead, he almost looked worried, Angel let his arms fall to his side's, stepping away slightly from the ledge,
" 'fraid of heights." He simply said, his voice small and shaky. Alastor said nothing, and they remained in an awkward silence for a while longer.

And then, just when Angel was about to leave,
"Do you want to hear a joke?" Alastor asked.
"What?"
"Would you like to hear a joke Angel?" Alastor repeated, Angel raised his eyebrow quizzically at him, Alastors dad jokes were the baine of his existence, and now did not seem like the time to hear one of them. Still, it's not like anyone could say no to the radio demon.
"Uh, sure."
"Why didn't the egg want to hatch?"
"Is this a joke about how lazy I am?"
"Just answer the question Angel."
"Why did the egg not want to hatch Al?"
"Because-" Alastor already started cracking up, "Because egg-sistance is a nightmare!"

Alastor burst into laughter, his warm bright laughter as if the joke was the most entertaining to him in the world. Angel looked at him for a moment before slowly cracking a smile, a smile turning into a grin, into a giggle until he was laughing along with him, no sound heard but their shared laughter.

Angel laughed until their were tears in his eyes, he didn't know why, there was just something about this moment. Once he stopped laughing he was able to open his eyes, his face molding into confusion as he was only met with deafening silence, the moment was over, and Alastor was gone.

Angel stood by himself for a moment, unsure of what to think, did he just imagine that? Was that a real moment? He stared down at the floor, unsure. Before walking to the door and going back to his room, it was still early after all. Maybe he would be able to catch more sleep.

--

Alastor teleported into his room, sitting on his bed and staring down at his hands. He felt sweaty and weird, when he saw Angel laughing, it almost felt nice to make someone feel better. Even for just a moment. He straightened out his jacket and looked at himself in the mirror. Now was not the time to lose that sharpness he had always kept with him, the cruelty that boosted him up to the top. Now that he was working this little charity case of a hotel, he needed to make sure no one doubted that he was still the big powerful radio demon.

Being friendly with someone he knew he would have to deal with often was a good thing anyway. It didn't mean anything, it just made him more tolerable to be around. That was that.

*Hope you enjoyed, happy new year once more!! If you like it please consider adding it to your library so you can continue reading this emotional story. Let's see where it goes.*