Trouble

"Fucking hell it doesn't matter anyway!" Angel shouted at the phone coming down the stairs. He was clearly annoyed at someone and he hung up on the person and slammed his phone on the couch armchair, he collapse onto the couch crossing his arms. Charlie looked over at him in worry,
"What happened Angel, are you alright? Who was on the phone?" Charlie asked looking at him hoping for an answer. Angel rolled his eyes,
"None of your business, just a dick." He said scoffing at the mention of the unknown demon.

Alastor came down as he heard the shouting,
"Who's fighting now?" Alastor said eyeing all of the demons in the lobby, everything actually seemed quite peaceful today. His eyes remained on Angel, who looked pissed as fuck,
"Nothing, just some dude on the phone with Angel, probably an angry client!" Vaggie laughed, she didn't care about Angel and just assumed he was a slut, she didn't wonder if he liked his job, or if he even cared about anything. Angel didn't laugh, in fact he turned away from the others at the slut joke. Vaggie chuckled and Alastor chuckled awkwardly, they quickly stopped.

Angel got up and went into the kitchen, he wanted to get away from the others, he was not in the mood. He heard his phone ding in the other room but ignored it, it was probably that dick Vox messaging him. He heard his phone ring, Vox was trying to call him again, he was extremely annoyed, he had been fighting with the bastard all morning. He had been skipping a few of his clients and people reported him, Valentino was pissed but his phone was broken because Angel accidentally broke it in one of their beatings. Vox was now trying to get a hold of him and Angel didn't give a fuck, he wasn't scared of Vox.

He knew he would have to go back to his job in Monday, he had to. If only he hadn't made that contract so long ago, then he wouldn't always be worried about being beaten to death. Wondering if one of his work days he wouldn't come back home, how much longer could this carry on? He didn't know, but sooner or later he was going to snap, and who knows what would happen then.

He was so focused on his thoughts that when he tried to leave the kitchen he ran straight into Alastor,
"What the blazes!?"
"Fucking hell?!"
The two both said falling back. Angel snapped right out of his thoughts looking at who he had just run into. Based on the voice he already knew. Alastor smiled sweetly as he realised it was Angel, he got up quickly and brushed himself off. He held his hand out for Angel. He hesitated for a moment before slowly taking his hand. Alastor pulled him off and Angel brushed himself off aswell. He smiled awkwardly at Alastor and pushed past him. Alastor grabbed his wrist to get Angel to stop for a moment, Angel jumped and pulled his arm away, rubbing it. Alastor realised what he had done, but this gave him the answer he needed about how Angel was doing. Alastor tried to speak but Angel had already turned around and gone up the stairs, not even looking back.

Alastor cursed at himself, why was he always so awkward around the other demon, running into him didn't really help. Whenever he was around the demon his mouth got dry and he wasn't able to form words. Why? He was never the type of person to get nervous, it disgusted him. Why was he so weird around Angel, he hated the feeling. He wasn't in highschool anymore, dumb little crushes shouldn't even matter to him. But it did. He really had feelings for the demon, not just some small crush, a crush would be rare enough for Alastor, but this was something else.

Angel rushed up the stairs feeling his face heat up. He slammed his door, this was not the time to crash in to someone, especially Alastor. He liked the demon quite alot since their last encounter, well he had already liked him before, but his feelings were doubled when he found out they were mutual. He pushed the thoughts of Alastor out of his mind and fell flat onto his bed, he really wasn't in the mood for anything, he just wanted to sleep or something.

He was extremely tiered so he fell asleep instantly. He had made a mistake in doing this though as his nightly torture started again. This was why he was never able to sleep right at night, his dreams were plagued with nightmares, Valentino, his large grin, the smoke that surrounded him, trapped him. Angel saw many things in his nightmares, it was a mess, whips cracked and he fell through floor and tried to run, only to be met  by Valentino once more. He saw his friends at the hotel, all saying different things, Vaggie would slut shame him and laugh at him. Charlie would tell him he was to useless to be rehabilitated, she would scoff and stare down at him in disgust. Husk would laugh and make fun of how he couldn't quit his additions even if his life depended on it. Nifty would make fun of his appearance and judge his style his hair, and most importantly the paranoia of his legs and feet. But Alastor, he was the worst, he would kick him down, a mocking smile on his face, he would lean over and tell Angel no one would ever love him, need him, or ever see him as more than a weak, slut. That hurt the most for him, hearing Alastor say those words, it killed him. They would all stare down at him in pity, they would then lose the straight faces and laugh at him, point at him. He felt weak, helpless, he couldn't do anything about it.

He was woken up by a knock at the door, it was Charlie,
"Hey Angel, you've been in there for two hours, are you alright?" Angel was breathing heavily and quickly put his hand over his mouth, he wiped sweat from his face, he got up from his bed,
"What do ya want, I was sleepin'!" He shouted, he was actually kind of glad Charlie had awoken him, he didn't know how much longer he could've lasted in that tortureous chamber known as his own mind.
"Oh! Dinners going to be ready soon, if you would want to come down." Angel rolled his eyes, food. He scoffed,
"Fine mom! I might be down, might not, I honestly don't really care, don't think you do either." He mumbled that last bit, Charlie didn't hear it through the door. She sighed, what could she expect from Angel. He heard her go down the stairs and he immediately left his room.

He didn't leave the room to go downstairs, obviously, he went up to the roof. He needed to be away from everything, his own mind, he needed air. He arrived at the rooftop and stood at the ledge, he looked down on hell, per usual. He wondered what it would feel like, jumping from the roof, what would he feel as he fell. Would it be fear, regret for his actions? He didn't know, he didn't think he would regret shit, he would deserve it. If you could die twice in hell, he would. He was pretty sure you could anyway, he had seen demons dead before, or at least he thought they were. His brother worked as an assassin so his job wouldn't be done if the demons didn't die. He wondered if the drop could kill him, it was quite a long drop.

He wondered if anyone would care, as he had done many times before. They would just continue on without you, they didn't need you in the first place, you were just dead weight on their shoulders it wouldn't matter to them. The voice whispered into his ears, he shook his head and put his hand over his ears,
"No, no. They wouldn't... They do." He repeated to himself fighting against the voice. You should just do it now, they'd be happy, they don't need you, you never did anything but make sex jokes and push them away, why would they care about you? The voice said louder this time, Angel's body shook and tried to fight off the voice, but it repeated itself, jump, jump, jump.

Angel stood up on the ledge, he could do it now, no one was stopping him, then everything would be over, no more contact, no more Valentino, no more constant battles with his mind, everything would end. He wanted to take a step, fall to his second death, but he stood there frozen. He sat town and dangled his legs over the edge, felt the wind edge him closer to the edge, felt it pass through him. Demons started to notice the tall spider on the edge, they watched him, wondering what he was doing, what he was going to do. More demons gathered, Angel took no notice, to him it was just him and his mind.

The elevator dinged, Alastor came through the doors, a plate of slightly warm food in his hand. He took a moment to see Angel on the ledge, when he did, he placed the food down quickly and ran to Angel,
"Angel! What are you doing Angel!" Alastor shouted, Angel spun round, startled by Alastor, doing so he lost balance and tipped back over the ledge, he shouted in realisation. Alastor quickened his speed until his body collided with the ledge, he stuck his hand out and grabbed Angels hand. Angel tried to pull himself up, but he just couldn't. Alastor quickly lost his grip from Angels hand and he fell once more. Luckily not for long though, Alastor summoned tenticals from the ledge to reach and grab Angel, they did so with ease. Angel took a deep breath, Alastor wasn't going to let go of him again, he knew that.

Alastor was breathing heavily, tears had formed in his eyes and rolled off his face hitting the concrete floor, not a sound made. He didn't realise he was crying, was still bent over in the position he was when Angels hand slipped away, almost losing him. A huge crowd had now formed and seen everything, they shouted in shock at the sight. The tenticals dropped Angel over the side, he hit the ground with a small thump, he was safe. Alastor ran and pulled him in to a tight hug.