1.2

i immediately started freaking out. what was i even supposed to say in front of ashton irwin? i was literally the most awkward human being on the entire planet.

a skype notification came up on my laptop, and i saw that ashton had already added me as a friend. i accepted his friend request and opened up the chat room.

ashleyyemoji: helloooooo

ashtonfirwin: ready?

ashleyyemoji: as ready as i'll ever be

ashleyyemoji: i'm nervous lol

ashtonfirwin: why?

ashleyyemoji: what if you don't like me or think i'm weird

ashtonfirwin: aww babe i like you okay and i'm weird too

ashtonfirwin: i'm calling you right now

a few seconds later, another notification pops up.

ashtonfirwin is calling you!

i take a deep breath and clicked on the green 'accept' button. the image on the screen was blurry at first, but it cleared up quickly and i was face to face with one of the dorkiest australians ever.

"ashley!!" he semi-yelled at the screen, raising his hands up in the air.

"hello!" i waved at him, laughing at his enthusiasm.

"you really are cute, babe," he said, chuckling when he finally settled down.

"why thank you, you're rather cute yourself," i grinned as i fiddled with my bracelets.

"i like your shirt," he said, referring to my twenty one pilots tee.

"i didn't know you listened to them," i commented.

"yeah i do, their music's great."

it was silent for a while, but it was a good kind of silent. we just sat there staring at each other, taking it all in.

"it's so cool to finally meet you in real life," i confessed, breaking the silence. "okay it's not really in real life because you're in london and i'm here and we're seeing each other through a screen and the internet sucks so you're kinda blurry but it's okay because you know i exist and i love you so so much i just wanna hug you and- i'm rambling, aren't i?" i smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of my head

"it's cute. i like your voice," he giggled, making my heart melt. "and yeah it's so cool to finally see your face," he grinned widely.

"so, you play guitar?" he changed the subject, referring to the guitar that was behind me in the background.

"yeah i do," i grinned, "wanna sing something?" i leaned over and stretched back as far as i could, grabbing the guitar.

"yeah! i'll go get my cajon." he leapt off his chair and scrambled out of frame for a few seconds before carrying his cajon back and swapped his chair for the cajon, sitting on it.

"so uh, what song do you wanna do?" i asked, strumming a couple of chords.

"we could do check yes juliet?" i suggested, picking up a pick that i found lying on my table.

ashton nodded and i started picking the opening riff to the song.

"check yes juliet, are you with me? rain is falling down on the sidewalk, i won't go, till you come outside," i sang, looking down at the guitar as i strummed the chords.

"check yes juliet, kill the limbo, i'll keep tossing rocks at your window, there's no turning back for us tonight," i knew ashton could sing, but he sounded way better than i'd expected. his voice suited this song really well.

"lace up your shoes," we sang in unison, our voices harmonising unbelievably well. my eyes snapped up to the screen while we sang the next line, and i could tell that ashton was rather surprised as well.

as we finished up the song, i couldn't keep the grin off my face. after i strummed the last chord, we stared at each other for a moment, smiling like two idiots.

"whoa," ashton whispered.

hi hello y'all

sorry this took like 10 million years but school eww ://

ashton and ashley are so cute aww

btw i've used skype like two times my entire life so i don't know how it works lmao

if you have any ideas for what should happen next pls comment them or drop me a message i love all your comments and stuff thanks for not thinking i suck