1.4

"what the fuck ashton how did you even relate me falling off a chair to my singing?" i groaned, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"i don't know, i just did," he responded with a cheeky grin on his face.

"you can sing?" luke asked, excited for some reason.

"n-"

"yeah she can!" she sings damn fucking well too!" ashton cut me off and answered luke.

"show us!" michael said as i shook my head frantically. "yeah, we really want to hear you sing. please?" calum chimed in.

i didn't want to sing, not because i was shy or anything, but how was i supposed to sing for 4 of my idols? i was fine with just ashton but now for luke, calum and michael as well? i should be the one begging them to sing something for me. what if i screw up and get humiliated in front of my favourite people in the world then ashton will think i'm weird and not talk to me anymore and forget me or something-

"uh ashley? if you really don't want to do it, it's fine. sorry if we made you uncomfortable," luke said, playing with his lip ring. "even if you screw up, remember what i said before, i'll never forget you," ashton gave me an encouraging smile. i just rambled again and i just wanted to the ground to swallow me whole. help me jesus.

"ugh fine. but y'all will have to do a song for me after this," i compromised.

the boys just nodded eagerly and high-fived each other as i grabbed my guitar again. idiots.

i took a deep breath, placing my fingers over the strings as i prepared myself.

"mayday situation overload," don't screw up. "i'm restless, obsessed with your future," don't screw up. " and all my worries they don't bother you," don't screw up. "collected, you render me useless," don't screw up. "but i carry on."

i kept looking down at the guitar instead of the camera as i sang, afraid of their reactions. finishing the song, i gave the guitar one last strum as i looked up at them nervously. they had really weird expressions on their faces as i bit my lip, waiting for them to say something.

"band meeting. now," michael said before they huddled together in front of a circle. they discussed something feverishly as i tried to pick up what they were saying, but they were talking too fast for me to understand anything.

"uh guys, i'm right here," i attempted to get their attention but they just ignored me, continuing their discussion. finally, the boys all nodded once as they turn around to face the screen again.

"wanna explain what's going on or..." i trailed off, raising an eyebrow.

"remember hi or hey records?" ashton started off.

"yeah! you just signed hey violet right?" i replied, kind of guessing where this was headed.

"well, we," he gestured to the band, "want to sign you to it." he paused waiting for a reaction.

they wanted to sign me? of all people? there were way better people that they could pick.

"i don't know about this ashton. i mean it's a really great opportunity and i'm really grateful that you guys even considered signing me to it, but what if your fans don't like me? i can't even sing that well to be honest and-"

"what are you even talking about you need to get your ears checked," michael interrupted, "your singing was mind-blowingly good."

"yeah we'd love for you to be on hi or hey," calum said, "it'd be awesome i promise."

"please?" luke begged.

"ashley, they'd love you. and we'll be there supporting you, yeah?" ashton said with a hopeful expression on his face. i just couldn't say no to a band like 5sos.

"fine i'll do it."

this story is moving so fast IM SORRY

and the reads for this shot up so quickly too wtf i wasn't expecting it

CAN WE TALK ABOUT MICHAEL'S HAIR FOR A SECOND HE LOOKS LIKE JACK FROST ((kinda))

comment, vote and stuff ilu all

kym x