1.3

"you didn't tell me you could sing!" ashton mock-glared at me when we were done.

"i'm not even that good of a singer to be honest," i blushed, playing with them hem of my shirt.

i was always insecure about my voice. i enjoyed singing, loved it even, i just didn't like to sing in front of other people.

"yes you are! you're incredible!" my face flushed, burning red.

"well, you're the first person other than my parents who'd ever listened to me sing," i confessed, placing the pick back to where i'd found it.

ashton was about to reply, but was cut off by the sound of his door opening.

"ashton? who're you talking to?" a very familiar voice came from my speakers as i tried very hard not to melt into a puddle of goo in my chair. trust me, i tried.

three other tall boys trooped into the frame and peered over ashton's shoulder, staring at the screen.

"hi," i managed to squeak out, mentally slapping myself after that. why'd you have to be such an idiot?

"who're you?" michael went straight to the point, earning himself a whack from ashton.

"don't be rude mikey, this is ashley," ashton flashed a smile at me.

"hello," i said again, trying to calm myself down but so far, nothing was working.

"oh so this is ashley," michael grinned. "it's so nice to finally meet you. ashton wouldn't shut the fuck up about you," he said before ashton elbowed him in the stomach.

"oh really?" i raised my eyebrows as ashton buried his face in his hands, embarrassed.

"oh my god ashley is so cute gahhh!!" luke mocked ashton, making me laugh and ashton groan.

"i don't even talk like that," ashton's voice was muffled by his hands, as i was dying of laughter on the other side of the screen.

after a few more jokes, we finally got introductions out of the way and was made small talk.

"luke get off me," michael yelled, pushing luke's legs off him but luke persisted on placing his legs on michael's chest.

"michael you are yelling," ashton raised his voice, pretending to be mad.

it was just like watching one of their livestreams. and their livestreams usually involved yelling and turtle costumes.

within half an hour of the skype call running, calum managed to rip his turtle costume at the crotch area, luke had a pink ballerina tutu on, michael had decided that he was muke af, and ashton had almost broken his nose on a jar of nutella. don't even ask why.

"uh guys? where'd ashley go?" calum's voice came through my speakers.

"i'm here," i said between breaths as i struggled to get back on my chair. i had literally fallen off from laughing too hard.

"you seem to have a habit of falling off furniture when you're with us," ashton teased, reminding me me of the time i fell off my bed when he followed me.

"if i go to the hospital it's on you guys," i joked.

"oh yeah! guys, wanna hear ashley sing?" ashton asked, causing my eyes to widen. this can't be happening.

wtf even is this chapter and i'm sorry for removing some of the chapters i had my reasons

ilu all so much

btw y'all should check out my other books if you don't think i suck yay and i'm about to start another book i'm pretty excited about ayyy