1.6

"ashton? what are you doing here?"

"i couldn't wait to see you," he laughed, the sound making me want to shrivel up in a corner.

i was hearing ashton's giggle in person. it took all of my willpower not to tackle him and-

i'm a fangirl with hormones. sue me.

"well, since we're meeting for the first time, hello, i'm ashley scott," i stuck out my hand, suppressing my urge to squeal which would definitely make him think i'm a weirdo and regret his decision. he raised a hand, connecting his warm palm with mine. "irwin, ashton irwin," i giggled at his attempt to sound professional.

"so, irwin," what are we doing today?" i sat upright next to him, reaching for the seat-belt. ashton mimicked my actions as i pulled the belt over my lap, securing it into the buckle.

"we're going back to the hotel to put your bags, then we can do whatever you want to do," he grinned. "it'd be fun. what do you want to do?"

"at the moment, sleep," he chuckled at my reply, "but you could bring me around. i've never been here before."

i looked out of the slightly tinted windows, admiring the palm trees that grew along the road that led out of the airport. everything was so different here; the people, the buildings, even the side of the road that people drove on.

it was my first time in america, and every sight and sound made my stomach lurch but in a good way. my heart fluttered in excitement as i took in my surroundings, finally coming to terms that i was in america.

i turn to ashton excitedly, to find him looking at me in amusement. "i felt the exact same way when we were first in london, right after our manager flew us there," he shared, nostalgia filling his eyes as he was probably reminiscing the time when they just broke out of that small town in sydney.

"you have to tell me all about it sometime, yeah?" i respond, looking out of the window again. i stared at the blurred surroundings for a few more minutes as the car sped through the streets, before fatigue began to take over.

"jetlag?" ashton mused and i nodded, already feeling drained and my eyelids started drooping. ashton unbuckled his seatbelt and shifted to the middle seat closer to me, bumping his shoulder with mine.

too tired to do anything else, i leaned over and placed my head on his shoulders. i felt his body stiffen before relaxing, shifting his position so that my head was comfortably rested in the crook of his neck. "wake me up when we're there," i muttered, already starting to drift off.

"alright. now sleep, princess," he murmured into my ear, pressing a soft kiss onto my temple.

my eyes slowly shut, a content smile playing on my lips.

i've actually never been to america so bear with me

school sucks too that's why i haven't been updating and this chapter is so short i'm sorry

here's when the story actually starts (kind of) yay

&& omg i gained like 3k reads since the last chapter????? it made me vvv happy so thank u all so much

vote, comment and stuff ilu all

kym x