Chapter 24// Emma

(Please note the baby's gender has been changed from a boy to a girl)

~ ~ ~

Standing in the NICU ward waiting for Peyton and Xavier to get here, my nerves are shot to shit and that's saying something.

When we got the baby to the hospital and she was assisted, she was then rushed of to the NICU to be watched over.

I stayed to speak to child services Fiona the lady who works with the hospital showed up a few hours ago and explained things.

Unfortunately, there's not many foster parents in Creek-Harbor that could take the baby once she was discharged from Hospital, and on top of that the foster parents that are listed a few towns over, can't do the commute to Creek-Harbor until the baby is discharged, but Creek-Harbor general doesn't have that much space available and with her being healthy more than likely she will be able to leave in a day or two.

So, it's a rush to get this little girl placed in a loving home as soon as possible. And that's when I thought of Peyton and Xavier, I know from what Peyton has told me that she and Xavier are foster parents and I also know what she went through we've adoption, I mentioned this to Fiona who then went of to make a few calls before telling me to speak to them.

I didn't want to do this over the phone, so I text Peyton and asked them both to meet me here.

I'm hoping I'm making the right choice; I know how much they want to be parents and how much heartbreak they went through when their adoption fell through and I don't want to cause them more pain then they've already had to face, but this little girl needs a loving family and for the time I think that could be Peyton and Xavier Argent.

"Emma" snapping out of my thoughts as I hear my name being called.

Looking up just to see Peyton and Xavier rushing towards me, but my eyes skip past them as I see Elliot rushing behind them, what is he doing here? He's supposed to be celebrating with his family.

Elliot reaches me first and looks me up and down, like he's looking for injuries.

"What are you doing here?" I shot out at him, sounding bitchy which I didn't mean I just wasn't expecting him to turn up here with them.

"Your joking, right? The woman that I'm dating messages my brother and his wife, asking them to meet her at the hospital, the same woman who has been ghosting me, you didn't think I'll come and make sure you were alright" He snips at me which I'm going to let go because he is right, I have been ghosting him.

"Well as you can see, I am alright, your concern is appreciated" I snapped back, I've never met a man who gets under my skin as much as Elliot Argent and it drives me crazy, he drives me crazy.

"Hey guys I know you two have things you need to work out, but I don't think here is the right place" We both snap our eyes to Xavier.

"He's right, but this conversation isn't over Anderson" Elliot jabs out me, glaring at him.

"Whatever you say Argent" I jab back and take a few steps away from him and turn my attention to Peyton and Xavier.

"First of all, I'm sorry for dragging you away from Addie and Joel's night, but it's important, I called you here because this evening a baby girl was left outside the station-;" I broke and sighed.

"Poor baby, is she okay?" Peyton ask me, with sadness in her voice.

"Yeah, she is, the doctors reckon she's about three days old. She's looks to have been born a week or two early. That's why they are keeping an eye on her in the NICU, from what we can tell she has no family, child services are looking into it now, but she needs a family to be placed with while they investigate" I explain.

"I'm still confused about all of this and why we are here" Xavier mumbles.

Getting ready to repones just as Elliot beats me to it.

"She's asking if you two are willing to foster the baby, while child services do what they have too" Moving my eyes from him, back to Peyton and Xavier.

"I know it's a lot to ask especially with your history, but this little girl has no one. She's alone and she needs love, and I couldn't think of a better couple to give her all of the love and care that she needs" I said to them.

Peyton looks at me with tears in her eyes, Xavier holds his wife close.

"Can we see her?" She asked me, nodding my head and smiled.

"Of course, I think Fiona wants to speak to you first, she's just back there in the family room-;" I replied and pointed towards the room Fiona is making her calls from.

"But after that I can take you to her" I added.

"Thank you, Emma for trusting us," Peyton whispers and gives me a quick hug.

"Are you staying?" Xavier asks his brother; Elliot pulls his eyes away from me and then looks at his twin.

"No I'll get an Uber home, explain what's going on to the family" He answers.

Xavier nods and then grabs Peyton's hand as they disappear into the family room.

Standing there in silence with Elliot just staring at me. Shifting from one foot to the other, I don't know what to say here, I didn't mean to hurt him by avoiding him which I can see that I have, but I didn't pull away because I don't want him anymore. I pulled away because I want more and that scares me, it's my issue.

"Eli...." I trailed off when he grabbed my hand.

"Just tell me straight if you want to end this" He firmly says to me, locking my eyes on him and sighed, shaking my head and moved closer to him, standing on my tiptoes and placed a gently kiss on his lips.

"I don't want to end this; I just need to sort out my own feelings. But Elliot believe me when I say that I want you" I replied with the truth.

He looks deep into my eyes before nodding and then pulls me back in for another kiss, this one rougher.

Getting lost in his kiss, getting lost in him only to break the kiss when I remember we're stood on the middle of a hospital ward full of babies.

Looking up to him and chuckled, I swear when I'm with him I forget everything else around me.

"I'm not going anywhere Emma; I'll be here when your ready" He whispers in my ear as he pulls me closer into his chest.

"Thank you" I whisper, Elliot takes a step back away from me and smiles.

"I'll see you later babe..." He says and kisses me one more time before walking back down the hallway.

Watching as he walks away, what the hell I am doing. He's perfect and I'm messing it up because of my fear and guilt that I have because of my late husband and I know that moving on doesn't make me a bad person or selfish, but I can't help but feel that way and then I feel guilty because I want to move on, I want to move on with Elliot so much.

Shaking my head, every part of me wants Elliot Argent, the only problem about it is I have no idea how to handle that.