Chapter 29// Emma

After my talk with Peyton and Xavier before, I spent the better part of the after-noon just driving around the town...thinking about it all.

I'm scared to move forward with Eli, I'm afraid of the uncertainty in it all. I mean what if my kids aren't ready to see their mom with someone who isn't their father? What if Eli realises that he isn't ready to commit to an instant family and that's what we are, I come with two kids, and they come first...

But my biggest fear is that I won't be able to give my whole heart and soul to Elliott.

It's all still so new and so unknown. But yet my feelings are going a hundred miles an hour when it comes Elliott Argent.

I think it's why I've spent the last few hours just driving around town. Trying to come to terms with my own feelings and what I want.

It's why I've made the decision to talk to my kids about Elliot, I won't lie to them. They're my first priority and they deserve the full truth from me, Hunter will probably understand it more than Cadence but all the same if I want to move forward with Eli, I need to make sure my kids are okay with it first.

Climbing out of my car and headed inside, no time like the presence to have this talk.

Pushing open the door and stepped into the house, my eyes automatically searching for my kids.

"Mommy your home, Gigi let me help make dinner" Cadence tells me with ex-citement.

"Did she, I bet it's going be delicious ladybug" I tell her and look around for Hunter.

"Where's your brother?" I ask her.

"He's in his room I think" she replies to me. Nodding my head and smiled at my daughter.

"How about you take a seat in here, why I shout him and then I need to talk to you both okay" I say to her, she nods her head and then runs off to sit on the sofa.

Walking to the stairs just as I see grams coming out of the kitchen.

"Is everything okay?" Grams asks me curiously.

"Yeah I just need to talk to the kids about something important that's all" I an-swered.

"Something or someone important?" She says with a grin. Shaking my head and smiled. Without giving her an answer, I turn back to the bottom of the stairs and look up.

"Hunter. Can you come down please? I need to talk to you and your sister, it's important" I yelled towards the stairs, just as I hear a huff of sound, followed by the footsteps.

Watching as Hunter enters the room and takes a seat next to his sister.

Taking a deep breath and sat on the coffee table in-front off them, trying to get my words out.

"I wanted to talk you guys about something important. And I also need you to be honest about what you feel once I do" I start off saying.

How do I even begin to start this conversation off? How to approach the subject of a relationship with a man that isn't their father.

"We're not moving again, are we? I like it here mom" Hunter shot back at me.

"No buddy we're not moving. It's actually about Elliot. You guys remember Elliott Argent? He works with me, he's one of Heidi's uncles?" I ask them, they both nodded at me.

"He danced with us at the wedding....it was fun!" Cadence shouts with joy.

Shaking my head and smiled at her.

"That's right lady-bug you did-" I started off talking, then looked at both my children.

"You see me and Elliott we're friends, we like each other very much and....we hang out sometimes....he's-" I cut off when they both look at me completely confused.

I can't blame them at all, I'm confused with this conversation myself and I'm the one trying to explain it to them.

"Mom is Elliot your boyfriend?" Hunter asks me suddenly.

Looking at my Ten-year-old softly, looking for any uncertainty in his eyes.

"Yes...no...I mean I don't know. I like him very much, but I don't want you guys being uncomfortable or feeling like I'm trying to replace your dad, because I'm not. I love and miss your dad everyday, and if you two don't want me seeing Elliot. Then that's okay, I won't see him anymore" I explained to them.

"You wouldn't see him, if we didn't want you too" Hunter asked me. Nodding my head and grabbed one of their hands each gently.

"I would, because no matter what I feel for Elliott. You and your sister are my whole world and you two come first no matter what....that's something that I will always promise you both"

I don't want to have to walk away from Eli. I think if I had to my heart would break to pieces, the drive around time made me realise that Eli is someone that I want in my life. And that I was ready to take that leap with him, that drive help me see clearly that he means something special to me.

But if my kids were uncomfortable and vulnerable about me being with him, then I would walk away in heartbeat even if it meant destroying myself. Because my kids will always come first.

"Does he make you happy mom? Make you smile and laugh?" My son asks me. Giving him my full attention and nodded my head.

"Yes baby he does. He makes me very happy, something I didn't think I could ever feel again" I answered him with the truth.

"Then it's okay with me. You deserve to be happy mom.... Dad would have wanted it"

"I'm okay too" my daughter shouts happily, honestly I don't really think she understands the conversation we're having but she's always followed behind her big brother.

Feeling the tears in my eyes as I pull them in for a hug.

"I love you both. How about we go out for ice cream and maybe see if Elliot wants to come too?" I ask them.

They both pull away with me and nodded their heads.

"Go and get your shoes and coats then" I added.

Watching as they run off to get their shoes and coats. I pull my phone from my pocket and unlock it, pulling up Elliot's messages and typed out a new one.

I talked to the kids. Would you like to come and get ice cream with us at Tully's.....as my boyfriend?

I hit send with a grin on my face and butterflies in my stomach. Not even five seconds later the three bubbles appear followed by a new message.

Eli: absolutely! See you all soon x

Placing the phone back in my pocket and looked up just in time to see the kids waiting and ready to go. And grams smiling at me, she gives me a wink and hands me my car keys.

I didn't lie to hunter, when I said I was happy. Because for the first in two years, I feel lighter, freer and I know Eli is a big part of that happiness.

~~~

Finally a new update! I can't believe how far behind I've got on this story.

Hopefully I can get more chapters out faster.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

x