Chapter 16// Emma & Elliot

(Emma)

The last two years in our family any holidays have been hard, I mean I've always put on a brave face for the kids, and I think in a way with Hunter being older than his sister, he's kind of done the same for me.

But this year the holiday of our birthday's seems easier, less fake, and more real type of happiness for both myself and my son. Hunter loved his presents, he enjoyed his party with his friends, for the first time since we moved here I saw true joy in his eyes and that made me smile that he's finally moving past his heartbreak slowly as the years past.

And well I've always treasured my birthday, because ten years ago I got the best gift I could ever imagine getting and that was when Hunter was born, when he was placed my arms for the first time.

But even to me this year feels different, I mean I miss Drew celebrating with us, but the ache it's not as painful as it has been over the last two years.

Apart of me is trying so hard to not feel sad about that or guilty, because I know that he wouldn't want that for us, Drew would want us to be happy and live the best life we possible could without him.

But another part of me is glad that the pain isn't so hard this year, that I'm actually excited to be going out and celebrating my birthday again.

And that's exactly what I am doing tonight, the Argent women have dragged me to a local bar named JT'S along with their men and surely enough I am having a good time with them.

I'm little embarrassed that I invited Elliot along, I don't know why I did it.

That day my mom showed up I was angry, and I was feeling so mixed emotions, and he was just nice to me, he didn't push on it, he just listened as I spoke and just sat with me.

Elliot Argent sirs feelings in me, that I don't understand, he makes me forget what is around me, it scares me because those feelings are starting to cross a certain path, feelings that I haven't felt in years, feelings that I thought I would never allow myself to feel again.

"What are you think so hard about there, birthday girl" Snapping out of my thoughts and looked up to find the voice, meeting Adalind eyes and shook my head.

"I'm thinking we need more tequila" I lied, the last thing I want is for them to know I was thinking about Elliot. They would just have so many questions, questions that I can't answer.

"I think your right, shots for everyone expect for Mama Gabby" Adalind announced slightly tipsy than us, Gabby shoots her a sisterly annoyed look. As she places a hand on her huge bump, a part of me is honoured that Gabby came out with us tonight because it's my birthday, but she really should be at home resting especially with her due date only weeks away.

"Gabby thank you for coming tonight, but you really should be at home resting" I said to her, just Addie, Peyton, Thea and Lexi all nod their heads in agreement.

"I wanted to celebrate with you guys. But I won't lie this is my one and only lemonade and then it's home to bed for me" She says, just as Thea looks over at her sister-in- laws baby bump.

"I can't believe you only have five weeks left, until the newest Argent arrives"

"Do you know what you're having?" I ask Gabby, Gabby shakes her head.

"No we thought this time around we'll leave it as a surprise. But I really think Harvey wants a boy this time" She answered with a small chuckle as she talks about her husband and daughters.

"Why? boys are hard work, I love Theo and wouldn't change him for anything, but he is tiring especially compared to Erica, who is so chilled" Adalind said,