Chapter 28// Emma

Knocking on Peyton's and Xavier front door. With a baby gifts, they brought the baby home from the hospital the day of the wedding, which is why Peyton wasn't there and why Xavier only stayed for the ceremony.

Adalind and Joel told him not to come at all, to be at home with his family but from Elliot told me, Xavier couldn't not be there for his brother on an important day like that one, apparently Argent's are like that.

From what I've gathered when speaking to Peyton this last week or so, is that social services haven't been able to locate any blood revelations for the baby and no family have came forward to claim to the baby either.

Which means for now the baby is in the care of Peyton and Xavier. And she couldn't be in better hands, because I know those two will care for her and love her for as long as they are allowed too.

"Hi Emma, come on in" snapping out of my thoughts and looked to to see Xavier in the open doorway.

"Thanks, I hope you don't mind that I stopped by" I reply while making my inside their beautiful home.

"Of course not, Peyton is just in the living room" nodding my head and made my way towards her.

Heading into the living room and scanned the room, just as my eyes land on Peyton sitting in the armchair, the baby sleeping softly in her arms. And I've never seen Peyton look so at peace or so happy since meeting her months ago.

"Hi, I thought I would check in and I brought you some things" I whispered as I take off my heeled boots.

I don't want to wake the baby up with my heels hitting of the hardwood floors.

Placing the flowers on the coffee table and the gift bags on the floor, as I peeked over and glance at the sleeping baby with a smile on my face.

Wow... I forgot how small they are when they are first here.

"Thank you. You didn't have to do that" Peyton says to me with a smile.

" I know but I wanted too. How is she doing?" I ask as I smile once more at the sleeping baby and then take a seat on the sofa facing Peyton.

"She is amazing, I mean don't get me wrong she doesn't sleep through the night, she has to be rocked in a person arm to sleep and we're tired, but I wouldn't change it or complain about it, because experiencing this with her is precious"

"Have child services said much about moving forward" I asked her.

"No family members have come forward to claim her, and Gillian is not sure anyone will. So, for now Xavier and I will continue being her foster parents. And she mentioned that down the line we might be able to adopt her, if it becomes a possibility"

Air clapping my hands silently in excitement because I know how much that would mean to them, to be parents and to have their own family.

"That's amazing Peyton, she's one lucky little girl. Did you guys name her? Or has someone else?" She looks down at the baby in her arms, like a true mother and smiled, while nodding.

"Yeah we did. Gillian said it was okay that we could, that she deserved a name"

"Can you tell me or is a secret?" I teased.

"Considering you are the reason she's here with us right now, I'll be honoured to tell you her name-;" she broke off and stood up, to walk over to place the baby in my arms, taking the baby gently from her and smiled.

"Emma meet Autumn" she announced.

"It's a beautiful name Peyton" I whisper.

"So are you going to tell me how the wedding went?" she smirks at me.