Chapter 2: Unexpected Fall

Y/N POV

Y/N dropped the plushie as a 6-foot animatronic towered over them, big blue eyes looking down on them.

"Holy shit."

"Y/N? Are you alright?" Jack asked, picking up the plushie and handing it back to Y/N.

"U-uh yeah, just caught me by surprise is all..." They hurried to explain, taking the plushie and squeezing it tight at the sight of the animatronic. Freddy looked down at the plush, and then he seemed to... smile.

"So you're a fan?" Freddy asked, Y/N stumbled again, a deep mechanical voice, beautiful coming from something like him.

"It's quite soft," Y/N mumbled, holding the plush a little tighter as they spoke into it. Jack laughed,

"Come on Y/N, you'll get to spend more time with him when your shift begins. See you later Freddy." Jack said, leading Y/N away as he waved goodbye to Freddy, who waved back. As soon as the animatronic was out of sight, a little red appeared, Y/N had not expected that at all.

Jack seemed to notice and laughed again, "He is quite the charmer I admit." Jack teased, and they buried their face further into the plushie as they continued.

Third-person POV

Jack led Y/N back to his office, took Y/N's shirt size, and handed them a uniform. He handed them an animatronic manual to study for later. Y/N thanked Jack before heading back out and grabbing Dad, they returned home with quite the excitement to start. Dad was just as cheerful as before, even more, excited that they had the job.

Before they knew it both Y/N and their Dad were laughing so hard that Y/N almost missed the turn onto the driveway to the house. Y/N got out, laughing even harder at the mistake, their father held open the door with a smile. Mom was inside waiting.

Y/N POV

Mom was the first thing they saw as they walked into the door, which usually wasn't a bad thing if it wasn't for the determined look on her face. "So?" She asked, with little enthusiasm.

Y/N waited to take off their shoes first and sit down on the couch before they answered her. "I got the job." They told her, Mom's face quickly turned to frustration.

"Every time I swear, that's such a freaky job." Mom hissed, Y/N blinked, Dad tensed in the corner of their eye.

"And? It's MY job, not yours." They retorted. Mom looked down at them,

"Don't get smart with me Y/N, you know what I mean, what will people think?" She said, waving her hands. Y/N closed their eyes and chuckled,

"That's all it's ever about, isn't it? What do people think? How will everyone react? Get over yourself." Y/N hissed, wishing they had that Freddy plushie at the moment.

Mom fumed with anger, obviously not happy with Y/N's little 'comment.'

"I am trying to look out for you! No one will want to hire you with a job history like that!" She scowled, anger leaking through her voice. Y/N's eyes shot open and looked up at her,

"No, you're looking out for your reputation, Dad is the only one here who cares, he wants me to enjoy life while I can. You worry about what your friends on Facebook will say about it when they find out. That's all it's ever been, me being a 'perfect child.' So that you can brag about it." Y/N retorted, still laying back on the couch, Mom clutched her phone harder, about to say something.

Y/N got up and walked to their room to get ready for their shift, leaving Mom even angrier than before.

Y/N Sighed and focused on the new uniform. It was simply just a collared white shirt, with a blue jacket. Jack told Y/N it was optional for them to wear sweatpants if they would like. Y/N chose sweatpants over anything, they put on the blue jacket, put the sweatpants on, and headed out the door. "Look at you!" Dad exclaimed, smiling at their uniform, they laughed and grabbed a snack out of the cupboard.