Chapter 5: Replacement

[In editing process so mind mistakes and/or confusing parts]

[Jimmy POV]
I hesitated a little.

I don't want him to remember the chaos and sadness. It would hurt him.

"It was a umm, survival server where the people participating only had 3 lives. Once those three lives were gone you died for good." I explained. Scott was quiet for a moment.
"That sounds kinda harsh and chaotic..." he murmured. I nodded.

It was, but at least I had you with me.

I gazed at him laying in the grass. His teal hair spread out and messy. His bright blue eyes, his soft smile, the way he smiled up at me. It made me fall in love with him all over again. I smile softly at him as a blush creeps onto my face. A worried expression crosses over his face, and he reaches up and feels my forehead with his hand.

God I've missed his touch...

"Are you ok? Your face is red." He said. My face heats up more and my mind turns to mush. I can't think straight.

Why do you do this to me? Do you do it without realizing it?

"I- uhh, w-well," I clear my throat. "Y-yes I'm fine Scott." He nods and pulls his hand back down. Scott then stands, and I follow. Brushing myself off in the process. Suddenly an idea pops into my head, and I kneel back down onto the grass and start to gather flowers. Scott looks over my shoulder curious.
"Whatcha doing?" He asks.
"You'll see~" I grinned. After a while I finished it, and held it up for him to see. It was a flower crown made out of poppies, roses, orchids, and some other flowers.

It's like the one I made you back in 3rd life.

I handed it to Scott and Scott stared at it in his hand.
"I- uhh, thank you Jimmy." Scott said flatly.

Does he not like it?

[Scott's POV]
I stare at the flower crown and my mind starts racing.

A flower crown. Like the one in my dream. Could Jimmy know the guy in my dream?

I look up from the flower crown and at Jimmy.
"Hey Jimmy, did you have any...close friends in the survival server you were in?" I asked. I didn't wasn't to flatly tell him if he knew the guy in my dream, that would be weird. Jimmy stared at me, as if he debating on what to say. He finally sighed and answered:
"Yes I did, I had a...friend in that server. We lived together and we- we were close." His voice hitched at the end. My stomach twisted and I frowned.

Close huh?

"Have you seen your friend since your last server?" I asked. I admit, I was curious and jealous as to whom this guy OR person was. Jimmy started at the ground, and shifted uncomfortably onto one foot.
"I uhh, it's hard to explain." He muttered. I sighed.

Whatever...

Jimmy looked back up at me and as I was about to open my mouth to ask yet another question, but he answered before I could ask.
"He looked a lot like you Scott." He said. And below his breath I heard him say:
"Too much like you." I knew I wasn't supposed to hear that, as time suddenly stopped. I could feel my heart start to beat faster. Heat swelled up in my chest and I clenched my fists.

What's going on?

"Scott? Are you ok?" Jimmy asked worriedly and he steps closer to me. I gritted my teeth and push him away. The flower crown dropped to the ground as I pushed him.
"So I'm his replacement?" I snapped. Jimmy stumbled backwards. As he fought himself he whipped his head up to look at me.
"W-what?" He stuttered. "Scott what do you mean?" My fists clenched more and I felt so...angry with him.

Why am I so angry? I don't even know this person he speaks fondly of...do I?

Part of me was yelling, telling me to look at the bigger picture. Look at everything all together. The bigger picture. If you weren't so angry and stressed you would see it.

You remember him don't you? You just don't want to admit it. You remember everything, yet you chose to forget...

The other half was angry. Angry at him for making me this guy's replacement. Angry for not understanding a damn thing about my dreams and this guy in them. Angry about my feelings for the guy in my dreams and Jimmy.

What the h**l is wrong with me?

Jimmy stared at me, he looked so confused and taken aback. He was about to speak again but I interrupted him.
"All of this time, all the asking of 'do you remember?', you just thought I was him, didn't you Jimmy? When we hung out together, you just thought I was him. I'm his replacement aren't I?" I hissed. I glared daggers at the cod father, and in return he just stared blankly at me. I could feel tears start to run down my face, but I didn't care. Jimmy walked towards me and cupped my cheek in his hand. My breath hitched at the sudden touch. His touch...it felt so familiar yet so foreign. He looked into my anger filled eyes with sadness. Our faces were so close...
"Flower please let me explain," He remorsefully. "It's not what you think."

Flower?

I growled at him and shoved him off of me.
"No. No explaining is needed Cod Father." I growled. And with that I grabbed my elitra and flew off. Not able to look back at the devastated looking Cod father I left behind.

What the h**l am I doing? Why am I so angry? Why did he call me Flower? Why do I remember that name?...

I was so lost in thought I didn't realize I was flying straight towards a mountain and almost crashed into it. Instead I swerved around at the last second and landed onto of the mountain and sat there. Staring at the scenery for who knows how long. I looked to the sky's and sighed.

I just want peace and quiet

My thoughts drifted back to Jimmy and my stomach tightened. I was so furious with him for thinking I was the dude from his last servers replacement. But at the same time...I wasn't. Then my thoughts drifted to the guy in my dreams and my heart seized up and I felt as if on the verge of tears. I sighed and cursed the sky.

Damn these confusing feelings for men.

I sat there for a while, then a thought came to mind.

Jimmy and the guy from my dreams, they act kinda similar don't they?

I shook my head and decided to not think about it. It was starting to hurt my brain. I then stood up and brushed myself off.

I need to get home.

I put on my elitra and flew off back to my empire.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter guys!! If you guys really want it, at the end of this book I may or may not make a sequel depending on how many views this gets. Any-who, thank you so much for over 1.32k reads! Keep safe in the real world guys! Love ya<3
-Nix

Words: 1237