Preface

About the series:

This story is a fictional rendition of Mahabharata which explores unknown life of a forgotten Queen of ancient India. This is story of a Goddess incarnated, a passionate lover, and a brave Queen, - whom history has not remembered beyond one line. She was Maharani Devika, the wife of Samrat Yudhishthira, who has been shadowed under the series of epic events. This trilogy, named after her, is a humble attempt to find out who she was, and eventually to learn from her life. I welcome you, the reader, to accompany me in this journey.

Maharani Devika Trilogy

Book 1: Shaivyaa: Sword of Justice

Book 2: DharmaPriyaa: Heart of Truth

Book 3: Sahadharmini: Strength of Spear

About book 2:

This book will see Devika as a complete wife. She will be Queen, sister, mother, everything, yet at the very core, a perfect loving wife who has made Yudhishthira's family as her own. Hence, this book is named "DharmaPriyaa: Heart of Truth".

Disclaimer:

This book is based on years-long deep research on Vyasa's Mahabharata and other scriptures. The story and characters will be portrayed as Maharishi has written. Imaginations will be there to develop characters, but they will never violate the original storyline of Maharishi Vyasa.

If you cannot agree with my interpretation of the characters, please stay away. If you cannot respect Samrat Yudhishthira and Maharani Devika along with their family members, please do not read this book!

No bashing is allowed in the comment section. If you do not like, just stay away.

All rights reserved © Semanti Chakraborty 2022

No part of this work can be reproduced, transmitted or stored in any form without written permission of the author. Any violation of this copyright notice will lead one into severe legal action.

Dedication:

I dedicate my work to Tridevas and Tridevis. I dedicate this book to Lord Yama and Devi Dhumorna, whose human forms are the protagonists of this story.

||Narayanam Namaskritya Naram chai va Narottamam
Devim Saraswatim Vyasam Tato Jayam udirayet ||

||Dhumorna-Dharmabhyam Namah||

||Sarvam Krishnarpanamastu||

[Thank you JishnuPranaa for the beautiful cover!]