2. Hope Within Pain

Indraprastha

Indraprastha

"Now let us take your leave, Maharani." Mitravinda patted Devika's cheeks.

"So soon?" Devika felt a sudden emptiness within, seeing Krishna and his other wives also standing to take her leave.

"Stay a few more days, please!" She pleaded, clasping Mitravinda's golden lotus-like hands within hers.

Mitravinda shook her head, glancing at her Lord. "See, Natha, the Queen of Indraprastha probably wants to seize us in the prison."

"Indraprastha doesn't have a prison that can seize him who has broken prison at the moment of his birth." Devika rolled her eyes. "I can only request you all. Just a few more days, Didi! It won't do much harm to your works at Dwaraka."

"This is what you do every time, Devi." Krishna complained. "We have been trying to take your leave since past week. All the time you are repeating the same words. Won't you let us go at all?"

"Why are you all so eager to leave us, Bhrata?" Devika frowned. "Aren't you liking to stay here? Is there any lack from our side?"

"Indraprastha has been our second home now and all of you are dear to our hearts. How can there be any lack, dear sister?" Satyabhama hugged Devika. "But we have to go now."

"Letters are coming from Dwaraka, asking for our immediate return. We cannot stay back anymore." Rukmini explained. "We shall come again soon."

"Alright." Devika sighed. "I won't stop you then. But please wait till Maharaj returns from the court."

"We cannot depart without meeting him." Krishna assured. "We shall wait."

***

Daruka was ready holding the reins of Krishna's Garuda-bannered chariot. Balarama's palm-bannered chariot waited beside it. The royal family of Indraprastha stood at the gate for bidding them farewell.

"Come again soon!" Draupadi embraced Satyabhama. "I'll be waiting."

"Sure, we shall be here to celebrate our next nephew's birth very soon." Satyabhama beamed, hugging her back. Draupadi's cheeks turned crimson.

"And to celebrate the next wedding as well." Kalindi meaningfully glanced at Bhima and Nakula. Both felt embarrassed outside but within their hearts, felt happy to remember their beloved faces.

"We too shall be waiting to visit Dwaraka soon to welcome our newborn nephews." Yudhishthira smiled.

Krishna's eyes sparkled. "That you have to ask your sisters, Jyeshtha. I don't know anything about that."

His eight Queens glared at him. Balarama chuckled, exchanging a glance with Revati.

"Now if the King and Queens give us permission, may we start?"