5. Call For Duties

Indraprastha

Indraprastha

Jiji,

I am in loss of words right now. Your gifts have just arrived, carrying your and Jyeshtha Bhrata's blessings. I feel like blessing has come from Amaravati itself! And why won't I? Indraprastha indeed is heaven, not just in appearance but in divinity.

Devika smiled, her delicate fingers affectionately caressed the letter Chitrangada had sent to her.

The only pain I feel is not having a meeting with you all,- the ones who make Indraprastha equal to Amaravati. I hope your Devara will take me soon to his home.

The same wish lies in our hearts too, sister! Devika mused with a sigh.

Your Devara is overjoyed to receive such beautiful, gallant horses. His Bhabhi's gifts are so precious to him that he is not sharing them with me even once. Those shiny white horses suit his dark complexion so well that Pita has begun calling him Shwetavahana, the rider of white horse. You have got him a new name, it seems.

Devika laughed to herself. Being a warrior Princess herself, it was natural for Chitrangada to like war-horses more than a bridal jewelry. The warrior of Shivi could connect to this valorous young lady as she herself had been, before her wedding.

Devika took a scroll to write back.

"You remind me of my own maiden self, Chitra. I know what your interests can be. You don't have to share Arjuna's horses. I shall send another couple of them for you soon. Let me know if your subjects name you too as Shwetavahani!" Devika smiled at the last sentence, imagining a blushing Chitrangada.

"Maharani, you have called me?"

Devika lifted her gaze. It was Indrasena.

"I was waiting for you only. Come." She quickly put her seal on the letter and closed the scroll.

"Indrasena, I have to go to the temple now. See that this letter is sent to Manipura soon, in Rajkumari Chitrangada's name." She ordered.

"You go without worry, Maharani. Leave this to me." Indrasena beamed. "Anything more you want to send there?"

Devika smiled. She knew that Indrasena's devotion for his master was unmatchable. He was so well aware of Yudhishthira's nature that he used to fulfill his orders even before hearing them. It was a surprise for Devika to note that Indrasena had started to realise her wishes too before they were voiced.

"A couple of white horses will also be sent from my personal stable along with the letter." Said the Queen. "Arrange for their safe journey."

Indrasena bowed to her and left. Devika rose to send a word to Ratnavali who awaited her order.

Today was the final day of her ritual.

***

Shiva temple