Chapter 11: Finals and graduation

Hello everyone!!! I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update but here is Liz and Avani's graduation! This does not mean the end of the story! We will follow them on their new journeys. I wanted to thank everyone for reading my stories. It gets a little sad at the end but otherwise enjoy ❤️ 2.9K words
----------

Liz's pov:

"All seniors must report to the auditorium during 6th period for graduation practice. Anyone who is not there will be called down again and be scheduled another round of practice during another time. I repeat, all seniors report to the auditorium during 6th period." Avani and I groaned, we were at lunch and this was our 3rd practice this week of school.

"Ms.Torres always has a stick up her ass, this graduation has to be perfect according to her. We're literally walking and grabbing pieces of paper, it's not that difficult." I said to Avani as I bit into my pizza.

"I mean, at least we get to skip the last of our classes." She says and I chuckle, shaking my head at her.

"That is what you focus on, isn't it." She throws a fry at me and pouts.

"What it's true! You're telling me you like your last few classes?" She asks.

"Well... no but-"

"Ah ah ah! Exactly!!" She sticks her finger up in the air and wiggles it back and fourth, I lean in and kiss her finger.

"I can't believe we're graduating soon. We already have an apartment and now we just have to get our diploma. I feel like an adult. Barely." She chuckles and me and nods.

"Gosh I feel like an adult to." I smirk at her and shake my head.

"Yeah, when I'm not feeding you or giving you your paci or stuffie." She throws another fry at me.

"That's not fair!!"

"That's how it works babe. Now eat up, lunch is almost over"

------
Avani's pov:
School was over and Elizabeth and I were in our apartment, laying in bed together and cuddling. It was surreal that I was safe and here with Elizabeth. I never thought this is where I would be at.

"Avani, baby? Are you okay? You're zoning out" I smile softly at her and nod my head.

"I'm okay, I'm actually great. I'm really happy I'm here with you, Elizabeth." She chuckles and brings me closer to her, rubbing my back gently.

"And I'm very happy to be here with you Babygirl." I chuckled and looked up at her.

"I can't believe you really started out as my tutor. And now we're here together. I don't even know what you see in me." She turned to me and shook her head

"Baby, the second I laid my eyes on you I thought you were gorgeous. Then when we kept talking I saw how beautiful of a person you are. You don't see what I see in you, but you're just amazing". She had this hesitant, sad look in her eye for a moment.

"Do you think I- nevermind, forget it." I sigh and snuggle closer to her. She gives me a concerned look and brushes some hair out of my face.

"What's up baby? You know you can talk about it if you want. Whatever you're comfortable with."  She says as she gives me a gentle smile.

"I just... did I do the right thing with my mom? I mean... I know what she did to me was terrible but... she did lose her husband. How do you even recover from that? The only person she had was me and I left her and probably ruined her life even more... and I love you and I love being here with you but... sometimes I feel guilty and like I should be back in my house taking care of her, I don't know." I inhale deeply and tears start running down my face. We sit up and she pulls me into her lap.