Chapter 6: Please take care of me

IM HORRIBLE I really left you guys on a cliffhanger-anywaysss here's the next chapter w a lil surprise at the end. 1.6k words!

Elizabeth's pov:

"It's a green light fucking move!"

"Liz. Relax. Screaming isn't gonna help you. I've already called the police. We're almost there okay? Just take a deep breath and go straight to her." I was in my sit on the verge of tears, worrying about my little girl. Yes, my little girl.

We arrived at her house, without a thought I jumped out the car. The door was wide open with stuff everywhere. I ran upstairs to Avani's room and heard soft cries coming from her closet. I open it slowly and see bruises on her arms, and blood coming from her nose. I drop down and she falls into my arms.

"Avani baby... what happened... I'm here now okay?"

"M...mama... hold me... mean lady... she...I..."

"No no baby don't talk okay? You don't have to talk. The police are gonna come and get her. You don't have to worry about anything right now." I pick her up in my arms and gently lay on the bed with her, grabbing on of her paci's and holding it up to her mouth. She shakes her head a little and hides in my chest.

"Don't worry honey, no one is gonna see you use it. I'll take it out when they come out so you can be a big girl and talk to the police okay?" She nods softly and accepts the paci, curling up to me and quietly crying. A few minutes of just her being in my arms, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

I gently remove the paci and sit Avani up in my lap, she sniffles softly so I gently rub her back, trying my best to comfort her. A few moments later 2 police officers come in her bedroom.

"Ladies, is everything alright here? Can someone explain what happened?" I tap Avani gently, she looks down and away from the officers but starts talking.

"I... my um... my mom... she got upset with me because I told her I... I wanted to move out soon... so she started hitting me and..."

"Hey hey , don't worry I see. How old are you ma'am?"

"I'm... I'm 18."

"Since you're an adult there isn't much we can do. We'll file a report and bring her to jail. Is there any safe place you can stay instead of here?"

"She can stay with me." I jumped in.

"But eliz-"

"My dad is perfectly fine with it. She'll be safe with me." The officers nod and stay around for a few to talk to Avani about everything while I packed up some of her stuff. I grabbed some of her clothes, personal belongings and little space stuff... just in case.

"Alright babes, we should get going."

"I... do I have everything... I need to get something.. where is it..?" She quickly looks under her bed and pulls out a small box. I don't question it and we go down the stairs. Outside her mom is in the officers car waiting to be taken away. I shake my head as we get in the car. I sit in the back with her.

"Hey Avani. Please don't worry about feeling like you're intruding. You're like family, and you'll be treated that way. You stay as long as you need to." My dad tells her. She leans against my shoulder and starts sobbing.

"T-thank you.. so much.. really." Tears softly fall down my eyes as my dad drives off back home.

--------
Avani's pov:

Did I really call Elizabeth mama..? Did she hear me say it and not say anything? Did she like it..? Out of all the things I could be worrying about this was the thing I was most worried about...