𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙: 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀

:𝐒𝐈𝐗  ;   —𝑤𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑎

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"A demon slayer accompanied by a demon on his missions is obviously against the rules. Do you know that kid?"

The demon slayer looks baffled when he saw his wooden box on your hands. He keeps opening his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"What? Are you not going to say something? Are you letting me kill this demon?" you ask him, impatiently waiting for him to answer your simple question.

"You're taking so long, demon slayer" you let out after a good 3 minutes of waiting. Your sword makes it's way to the wooden box, ready to cut the demon but he finally opened his mouth and spoke.

"Please don't kill her! I beg you. That demon is my sister! It's been three years since she turned into a demon yet she didn't consume any human flesh, believe me please." he begged, taking a step closer but stopped once he saw your sword getting closer to the box.

"How can I trust you? You have no evidence that your demon sister never attacked a human" you said still not believing what he said even though his eyes shows no intention of lying.

"Believe me, please. She's my only family left. You can ask the former water hashira for confirmation" the former water hashira? Urokodaki sensei?

You asked yourself why Urokodaki sensei would take in a kid with a demon. You look back at him, his eyes shows pure truth. You sighed and decided to believe him. The kindness and honesty in him is overflowing that you feel warm just by looking at him.

You sit the wooden box on the ground, taking your sword back to it's shaft. You crouched infront of the box, carefully opening it to see the demon inside. She had a long, black, wavy hair with flame-orange color on the ends. A bamboo tube is the first thing you'll notice on her face. 'Why would a demon be this.. adorable?' you thought.

You took a step forward, crouching more lower so you could see the sleeping girl more. You sniff the scent that's been lingering her more closely to identify if she did ate humans or not. You smelled nothing. Nothing at all.

You quietly closed the box before handing it to the demon slayer that's been standing meters away. He looked so worried but relief washed his face once he had the wooden box back.

"I'll let you off this time. Please look after your sister, you seem really fond of her and also be careful your sister wouldn't want to loss you too" you told him with a stern voice and smiled. Your hand found it's way to on top of his head, patting it which makes you feel shocked at actions. This is the first time you touched a boy without getting scared after so long.