𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆: 𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎

:𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄  ;  —𝑢𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑧𝑒𝑟𝑜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Upper Rank Zero?" Oyakata-sama repeated, bewildered by what you've just said. It's been thousand years ago since the corps have formed but this is the first time, Kibutsuji Muzan made the once Twelve Demon Moons into Thirteen, of course everyone will be surprised.

"Where did you get this information, Matsui? Give us details to what you've known" You expected to hear this question from them. You can just open your mouth and voice out the information you've just obtained yet you refuse to speak, you can't easily say something that includes you, personally.

The Hashira's eyes are fixed on yours, waiting for you to say something and answer the flooding questions on their brains. You keep saying to yourself that they should know, that this information will serve great knowledge to the demon slayer corps, so you glance at each Hashiras beaming eyes hoping that someone would at least change your mind.

Until you found his eyes,

The once unreadable face of his looked at you with confusion, brows furrowed as he attentively looked at your direction, wanting to find answers on your dark sable eyes.

Looking at him for sometime now, you almost fall for those dark sapphire eyes of his that you unknowingly opened your mouth, wanting to let out everything to everyone all at once without the feeling of nervousness and self-doubt. It's because of your insecurities that you can't say anything.

The fear of being judge is overpowering you to the point of being silent even though it's a very important matter to share.

You shake your head, deciding to just follow that one part of your brain who's making you turn into a selfish coward. Breaking eye contact, you turn to Oyakata-sama, bowing your head once again.

"It's confidential. I will discuss this to Oyakata-sama first before telling you afterwards to confirm. I don't want to spread false information and make you all worried about nothing" You clenched your fist hard to keep your act unnoticeable since this is no fake news. It's all true and you've confirmed it with an Upper Rank at that. You can't just say it since it involves your personal life.

Oyakata-sama managed to caught a glint of hesitance lacing your voice when you begin to say it's confidential. He agreed, immediately understanding what you're trying to convey.

The Hashiras annoyingly sighed as their lingering questions still left them ignored by you. They turn to face back towards Oyakata-sama's direction, proceeding to their individual reports.