𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑

:𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ; -𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"If I ever want to get close to someone, you're on the very last, Shadow Hashira" The voice on your head spoke as you walk down the headquarters early in the morning, sun rays kissed your smooth skin as you feel the coldness of the morning air.

Autumn is coming. The leaves are now ready to fall for the winter to come. You hate winters. Winter's the start of every misfortunes happening in your life.

"If I ever want to get close to someone, you're on the very last Shadow Hashira"

For the hundred time, you heard it again.

When you woke up earlier, you found yourself laying in a soft futon at that house. You don't remember anything except talking to Oyakata-sama the same evening. You have no idea how you get there or who bring you there.

Your sandals were neatly placed outside the door with a onigiri and green tea placed on the side.
Minutes after that, you started hearing that one sentence. The fact that it sounds strangely familiar and a man's voice at that made shivers run down your whole body.

You hug yourself protectively, shooing any bad elements away from you, thinking they're the cause why you keep hearing that cursed sentence repeatedly while you continue to walk down the paths.

You suddenly remembered, today is the day where Hashiras annually train with themselves or with their tsukugos.

Speaking of tsukugos, Oyakata-sama keep convincing you to have one. You did train one and she's a hunter who lost her parents, unfortunately that person died during a battle with demons. She can't keep up with the moves and accuracy of the breathing style making her immobile in the middle of the battle causing her to lose her life.

After that experience, you refused any possible tsukugos from Oyakata-sama, scared that the previous incident might occur again.

As for the Hashiras annual training, you decided to attend. You've been worrying Oyakata-sama for the past weeks so you agree to join the training to ease his mind.

You continue to walk, making your way to the nearby training grounds for the training.

This should be easy, right?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

When you reached the training grounds you expected it to be completely empty, but when you arrived all the Hashiras turn to face your direction. All their eyes were darted on yours.

You screamed on your mind, panicking because of the sudden attention. Why the hell did you slam the wooden gate open so loudly!? 'Idiot, idiot, idiot!' you instantly cursed on yourself.