Chapter 2 - Back to the Start (2)

Note: Will undergo thorough proofreading and editing.

Warning: This story will contain profanity, mature themes, and violence. Exit now if you feel uncomfortable with any of the themes. Poor grammar and wording are also present in this story, you have been warned.

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−

[ Main Scenario #1 - Proof of Worth has concluded. ]

[ Bulgwang Line, Train 3434, Compartment 3707, Survivors: ——, ——, ——, ——, ——, and Yoo Joonghyuk. ]

The train began to move. Light enters the dim compartment making the wrecked interior and bloodied corpses visible.

A view of the outside could now be seen as the train leaves the subway tunnel and enters a bridge over Han River, Dongho Bridge.

"Ahh- !! "

Shock evident in the voices of the survivors as they took in the view.

The landscape outside the window was now painted with collapsed Han River bridges, fallen buildings, smoke and dust from the ruined city, rivers dyed with crimson red, serpent like monsters (ichthyosaurs) gliding through the river, and bodies littered on the surface of the water.

Seoul was destroyed. Some buildings were still engulfed in smoke and flames.

Five more people other than Yoo Joonghyuk survived the first scenario. He tilted his head and peeked a glance at those who had survived, distraught bloomed onto their faces as they tried to recognize the city they once peacefully lived in.

...

The survivors were people who he had massacred in his previous lives.

Back then, he was a heartless regressor who wouldn't think twice of taking another's life for the sole purpose of achieving his goal.

Of course, that was before he met Kim Dokja.

That fool in some way somehow managed to help him (YJH) in keeping sane, preventing him from turning into a mentally unstable psychopath.

Kim Dokja was a big part, not only in ending the scenarios but also, he was a big part in helping Yoo Joonghyuk change. Though not evident, Yoo Joonghyuk's shitty attitude had become less shittier after meeting and spending more time with Kim Dokja.

Kim Dokja helped Yoo Joonghyuk in recovering from his regression depression, Kim Dokja taught him how to not carelessly throw away his life (though Kim Dokja is an idiot and a hypocrite), Kim Dokja reintroduced him to the idea of trusting and caring for his/their companions, Kim Dokja led him to confront the feelings he had gradually repressed as his regressions progressed.

And most importantly, Kim Dokja taught him how to love again. That fool made him love again. That fool made him fall inlove.

The voice of the annoying dokkaebi, who probably appeared a while ago, spoke up. He didn't listen to whatever the being had to say. A window screen appeared before him.