Chapter 3 - Reader's Viewpoint

Note: Will undergo thorough proofreading and editing.

Warning: This story will contain profanity, mature themes, and violence. Exit now if you feel uncomfortable with any of the themes. Poor grammar and wording are also present in this story, you have been warned.

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−

Kim Dokja's POV

I was currently grabbed by the neck and hanging like a monkey. If someone would have seen this, they would have thought of it as a ludicrous sight.

"Name."

"What?"

"Your name."

Look at this indifferent way of talking, just like a main character. Arrogant sunfish. His grip on my neck is really firm but surprisingly, it doesn't hurt. However, it still wasn't a good idea to provoke him here.

"Kim Dokja."

After answering, the grip on my neck seemed to have relaxed a bit.

What the?

Shouldn't Yoo Joonghyuk's personality in this regression turn, be worned out? He should have been more aggressive when spotting an unknown variable like me, I expected him to be hitting or punching me in the stomach but he wasn't, instead, he relaxed his grip.

He's acting a bit different from the 3rd regression Yoo Joonghyuk I read about. But that doesn't change the fact that he has hold of my neck and is hovering me over a blank space.

"How did you survive on the subway?"

Straight to the point I see. It was a question I expected.

"Will you spare me if I answer?"

"I'll see."

It was a... lie? Something seems off about Yoo Joonghyuk because by looking at his face, he actually seemed genuine. He'll genuinely think about sparing me?

Did a scene like this happen in Ways of Survival? I don't quite remember.

...

I think my eyes were playing tricks on me again because I saw a hint of longing in him. There shouldn't be any reason for this regressor to feel like that after seeing me, if anything, he should be wary of me.

Did something happen in his past regression that I don't know of?

"Answer me."

My chaotic train of thoughts were interrupted and I was met by a glare.

I held my breath then started the story. I told the story using as much concise, short and accurate vocabulary as possible. It was from the first moment the 'dokkaebi' appeared in the subway to the end of the first scenario. Of course, I excluded the skills I got and any important issues.

"You cleared the scenario by killing insects?"

"We were lucky."

This guy. He doesn't seem to be shocked at all, not even a little bit. He doesn't even look like he's suspicious of me. It was as if he already knew that me, along with the others, would have survived by killing those insects.