Chapter 5 - Preparations (2)

Note: Will undergo thorough proofreading and editing.

Warning: This story will contain profanity, mature themes, and violence. Exit now if you feel uncomfortable with any of the themes. Poor grammar and wording are also present in this story, you have been warned.

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−

"Master!"

Lee Jihye waved over the person she called 'Master', glee evident in her face.

Na Bori looked between her best friend and her best friend's so-called 'Master', confused. Why did Jihye suddenly call some stranger her master?

Na Bori turned to see her noona's reaction to all this but was left confused even more.

Han Sooyoung was wearing a look on her face as if she was expecting the stranger to arrive. Basically, a face that screamed 'look who finally showed up.'

While Na Bori tapped over Lee Jihye with a questioning look, the said stranger Jihye called 'Master' started to come closer with an intimidating aura surrounding him.

As Lee Jihye was about to start explaining, Han Sooyoung spoke.

"Well, well. If it isn't our dumbass squid's dearly beloved."

Han Sooyoung playfully greeted her time traveling companion.

Yoo Joonghyuk studied her from head to toe before replying.

"He'll arrive in a day or two."

"Does he know?"

"... He's aware that something's off."

"No not that, does he know that your inlo-"

Realizing what Han Sooyoung actually meant, Yoo Joonghyuk hurriedly put a hand over her mouth, muffling out her words.

"This isn't the time for useless conversations." Joonghyuk sent a deadly glare while slowly releasing his hold over her mouth. He briefly studied the surroundings before returning to look at Han Sooyoung.

He grabbed what looks to be a curved weapon containing lots of sharp edges from out of nowhere before giving it to Han Sooyoung. She accepted the dagger knowing that this might be one of those rare occasions where Yoo Joonghyuk willingly gives out something without him asking for something else in return.

Before Lee Jihye and Na Bori can even ask about the scene that took place right before them, Yoo Joonghyuk signaled his disciple to come and follow him.

"Sheesh, impertinent bastard." Han Sooyoung sighed as she eyed the figure of the master and disciple duo walking away with Lee Jihye looking back a few times.

"Do you him noona? The guy Jihye-yah called master?"

Han Sooyoung side glanced at Na Bori, contemplating on what her response should be. Suddenly, a smile (?) started to form on the former's face.

"I do know him, he's that idiot's lover." Han Sooyoung turned towards Na Bori, creeping her out with a devious smirk.

"Noona, why are you making that face?"

Han Sooyoung just continued smirking before grabbing Na Bori's hand and dragging her into a more secluded area.

"Wait noona!- Whe- What are we doing here?"