2. Glistening Rainfall

________________________________

"I still can't fall asleep as I fade away
The rain stops and the reflection in the puddle
I see myself looking more miserable today . . ."

________________________________

Serina gradually strolled across the road pavement with her hands deep in her pockets. She passed her school as she walked, but her mind was blank as she stared at it. The slow rumbling up in the sky gave a loud shudder and rain droplets started to pour down from the heavy clouds, falling upon Serina's hair. The starting rain gave her no choice but to drag her feet inside her school to keep herself dry.

The silver raindrops splattered on the grounds as Serina's eyes glittered at the sight of them. The soft and cool wind shivered softly around her hair, making her pull up her hood to keep dry. Trees swung at the wind and the usual enthusiasm ran over Serina's body. The corner of her lips twitched, but the sound of a human's voice from behind her made her frown.

Her body automatically turned around, quick enough to see the headmistress of the school walking towards her with a brunette boy beside her. She was talking rapidly to the boy, but the boy seemed too anxious to listen to her. Serina, who hated the headmistress like anybody, quickly turned around and only took one step when she managed to catch up with what the headmistress was talking about. 

"Ahhhh, now you boy, I am pretty sure that's one of your classmates. I've seen her before." Serina managed to hear what she was blabbing about. She heard the headmistress walking towards her, even through the loud thuds of water splattering across the floor. 

She's surely wearing her high heels
, Serina thought as the headmistress's posh voice rang through the lonely school.

"Excuse me, Young lady?" The headmistress said, more loudly than before. Serina sighed and turned around from the shady place under the tree. She gave them a feeble smile. Being called a 'Young Lady' was not something Serina preferred.

"Yes madam?" She asked politely.

"I think you're a student from our Mr Famel's class?" She asked, walking towards Serina. Serina kept her head low.

"Yes madam, I am," Serina muttered. She wanted to ask what it was to her or why she was asking, but the back of her mind said that she'll be in trouble if she do.

"Ahh, yes, I thought so. What's your name?" The headmistress asked, now under the same tree with the brown-haired boy. The boy kept his head low and was rather interested in how his shoelaces were tied.

"I am Serina, Madam. Serina Fawcett." Serina replied as the rain kept growing stronger. Now the light Pitter-platter was turning into large thuds on the paved floor. Trying her best not to get annoyed with the posh and narrow-minded head of the school, she tried her best to keep herself calm.