11. Broken Heart

________________________________

❝𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡, 𝑑𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢?
𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠
𝑊𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑦 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 . . .❞

_____________________________

Serina could not believe what was happening.  Everything suddenly seemed like a dream she never wanted to forget. Ever since she was little, she was always known as a person who had no self-control. And now? Now she's not even turning into a werewolf when she was supposed to be.

Jungkook and Serina walked slowly along the stony path of the woods as morning sunlight crept through the leaves. Their hands entwined randomly but both of them looked away from embarrassment.

Serina's brown iris looked like they had never looked so enthusiastic. Her eyes looked too thankful for Jungkook.

They reached the edge of the forest where they could see the city from far away.

"Well, thank you," Serina spoke up as they stopped walking.

"Yeah, then . . . um . . . welcome!" Jungkook chuckled nervously, still feeling Serina's fingers wrapped around his.

There was another long silence.

"Well, don't expect me to be like this every day, okay? I'm just . . . showing my gratitude." Serina laughed nervously, finally flicking his hand off.

"I just know that too well," Jungkook laughed, inching away from her. "I have to go quickly too, who knows, that monkey Jung might've reported me missing."

"Who's Jung?"

"You don't know Jung?! He's my brother!" Jungkook piped up.

"So, Jeon Jung?" Serina raised an eyebrow at Jungkook, who nodded. "My, Korea has very short names, right? And then there's my name. Serina Elizabeth Fawcett."

"Elizabeth? You had an Elizabeth in your name and you never thought to tell me? Do other people call you Elizabeth?"

"My mum does." Serina grumbled, later adding, "When she's angry."

Jungkook gave a short chuckle. "I really should get going, Jung is gonna be mad at me if I don't," Jungkook rubbed behind his neck with a nervous smile. "I'll . . . see you tomorrow then, bye!"