18. Silver Rings

______________________

"You, It is like a dream
And you, It is like a present
For you, Even if I am in your arms, I
always fear that I will be awakened from it like a dream

______________________

"I think we have something to talk about," Jungkook said, laying down two plates on the table, eyes focusing over to Serina who was drawing her chair. She rubbed the side of her neck, staring at the wooden table with empty eyes.

"Eh?" She murmured, looking up at him.

"Two, actually." He added after an afterthought, clutching onto the forks tighter. Shaking his head, he laid the forks back neatly.

"Oh, right. I actually wanted to say something, you see—"

"—why were you crying?" He blurted out, biting his lips in nervously. Seeming astonished, Serina looked up, mouth half open.

"Well, it's—I—um—you see—" Jungkook couldn't help by notice that she was avoiding his eyes. He could see her eyes losing it's seeming twinke. "You see, there's an—an eclipse—so—um—" She continued to stutter. "The eclipse is—is—okay, don't freak out, but—but—seriously, do NOT freak out—but—the eclipse is—"

"Can you blurt it out, please?! "

"It's fatal to werewolves!" She burst out, saying it quickly and loudly. She closed her eyes, hating to see the look on Jungkook's face.

The room filled with an uncomfortable silence that made the hairs behind Serina's neck. She could hear the faint chirping of the crickets outside. Keeping her eyes shut tight, she covered her face, trying not to imagine how Jungkook's face would look. But after a while, she decided to peek at his face, heart sinking as she did.

It was almost as if she had gone deaf, that she barely noticed the shattered plate on the floor. Jungkook's face was looking astonished and stunned.

He had his mouth half open, blinking quickly, slightly smiling.

"Wha—what—what do you mean? what do you mean, fatal? Fatal like fatal? What—what do you mean?!" He mumbled, looking around widely, shaking his head. "I—what?!"

"Okay, you're freaking out, Jungkook! Stop—" Serina panicked, sighing.

"No! What do you mean freaking out! How am I going to even live if—if the eclipse is fatal to—fatal to werewolves? I don't understand!" Jungkook muttered, sitting down on the table.

"Jungkook listen—"

"NO!"

"—NO YOU LISTEN TO ME, JEON JUNGKOOK! Just calm down, okay?" Serina shouted, trying to fight the tears. "Okay—no, let me say—so the Eclipse is on January thirty-first. Do you know my star sign? It's Capricorn. Do you know which werewolf vanishes on that day?"