10. Under the Moon

__________________

__________________

"𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴
𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵
𝘐 𝘱𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘭𝘺
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘺 . . ."

__________________

The beast standing upwards on the messy bed of Serina's gave a soft growl. But Jungkook was too stunned to understand whether it was an affectionate growl or an aggressive growl. He simply found himself paralysed to the wooden floor and his eyes glued onto the gigantic wolf.

What was he doing? There's a bloodthirsty and fierce creature in the same room as him. What was he doing rather than running for his life? He should be racing in the opposite direction of this wolf.

But he was encountering himself extending his hand towards the wolf, who leaned towards him. It sniffed his pale hand as a normal dog would do.

This is Serina. There is much of a possibility of dying when she is the wolf. She's violent the same as a wolf. Jungkook thought. Through the wolf's bright yellow eyes, Jungkook could see the shadow of Serina lurking in them.

Something was off. Why wasn't the wolf striking yet?

The wolf merely looked up at Jungkook and blinked, as though identifying who Jungkook was. The wolf gave such a likeness to Serina that even its blinking looked more like Serina than a normal wolf. Or even every inch of the wolf resembled Serina so much that Jungkook wondered why he didn't recognise Serina for what she was.

Oh, C'mon, who would ever think even werewolves existed in the first place to think Serina was one? Jungkook thought, scowling.

The wolf took one step forward. Though it seemed not violent nor scary, Jungkook couldn't help but panic. But the wolf only jumped off the bed to walk up to Jungkook and to stare at him. There was a long staring contest, and the wolf sheerly laid down on the floor with its head resting comfortably on Jungkook's lap.

Jungkook stopped breathing and looked down at the wolf, who was still staring at him. It abruptly looked more like an innocent, small little poodle trying to get someone's attention. And that was not like Serina at all.

But then, when Jungkook was getting a bit relaxed with having a massive wolf on his lap, a second passed by, and Serina was lying down on the floor with her torso awkwardly standing on Jungkook's lap. Their faces gathered only a few inches of space, but none of them was not too stunned to move.

They stood awkwardly for about half a minute before Serina pulled away, coughing to enclose the silence filling the room.

"So . . . I . . . um . . . guess you are. A werewolf." Jungkook muttered, getting up to his feet as Serina did the same.