7. Lost in you

_______________"It comes naturally

_______________
"It comes naturally . . ."
_______________

They ended up walking for hours and hours, in circles and circles. But the way out of the forest seemed hard to find. The more time they wasted, the more the surroundings filled with darkness. Soon enough, the moon had already arisen to the sky.

Serina dragged Jungkook around with her, holding a deaf ear to his heavy protests. But  Jungkook had no idea of how hard she was trying not to breathe in the smell of the flourish blood dripping from his wound. The red fox tagged along, jumping up and down with enthusiasm.

"That's it. I can not walk anymore." Jungkook groaned and sat down on the dusty floor stubbornly. Serina pulled him up with one hand

"If not, the animals will be awake and we seriously are in danger." She muttered, dragging Jungkook away with her, looking around.

"Why did you come here in the first place if you don't know how to-" Jungkook whined, but Serina put a hand up and called for silence. Jungkook trembled as she looked around as though an animal came to hunt for its dinner.

"Shut up and don't make any movement. I smell wolf." Serina whispered.

"You can smell a wolf—" Jungkook tried to shudder but Serina cupped her hand over his mouth, cautiously taking steps forward. She stopped abruptly as she saw it.

She saw the yellow, slit and hungry eyes glancing through a bush, waiting for its chance to taste the blood of the humans. Those hungry eyes looked somewhat familiar . . .

Jungkook bumped on Serina's back as she stopped in her tracks. He had opened his mouth to complain, but Serina had cupped her hand over it. He strangled on the space for a while before Serina pointed at the bush and shushed him. He got stunned on the spot at the sight of the eyes.

They made no more movement, but the bush parted and a white wolf jumped up at them. With yellow eyes and white fur and sharp fangs to dunk them into human blood, it looked hungry for meat. It jumped up at Serina, who moved away with Jungkook behind her. The wolf growled and bared its fangs.

"W-w-what are-are we suppo-suppose to do?" Jungkook stammered as the wolf walked in circles around them, yellow eyes gleaming in the moonlight. Serina felt Jungkook tremble behind her but she gave no attention to it. The wolf seemed oddly familiar to her.

Gloria.

The wolf version of Gloria jumped up at them, fangs ready to feast on human blood. The wolf tried to pin Serina's torso to the tree, making her lose her balance as she did. But Serina had the strength equal to the wolf. She managed to push the world away and make it slap itself on the tree bunk behind her.

Jungkook, whom Serina had pushed out of the way, gazed at her in awe and astonishment.

The wolf bared its fangs and charged at her again, this time, managing to bite Serina's arm but not able to rip it off. Serina moaned in pain and pushed Gloria's fangs out from her arm, making her slap her body on the tree trunk again. The flourish red blood dripped down her arms and Gloria's fangs.