16. Christmas Eve

_____________________

"Oh I've been waiting for this Christmas Day
My heart is already on this white street
It snowed in my dream last night
You've been waiting all day under  the covers . . ."

______________________

Jungkook sighed, placing his phone on the table. He looked back down at it and read the message again, hoping there would be another message saying it was a mistake.

"Jung's coming." He grumbled lowly, looking around at Serina. She looked up at Jungkook from the counter with furrowed eyebrows.

"So?" She asked, cereal full in her mouth.

Jungkook made a sound that was like a slight 'tchh' and looked back down at his phone. "It's just too bad. I liked sleeping with you."

"Ha, as if. I couldn't sleep a wink because of your snore-singing. You should go to a band." Serina snickered. She felt light-hearted. It was a feeling much more bright and sunny than she ever experienced. She felt easygoing. Her heart lifted at every movement, while hope touched her every moment her eyes met Jungkook.

She only knew love to be a pain. She never knew it to be something so happy. Something that would bring sunlight to her life.

"Still. With Jung here, we won't be able to hang out anymore." 

"We can. It won't hurt him in the bum to hang out here, would it?" Serina was rolling her eyes and going for the toast. "Even though it does make him a second wheel." She added.

"Third wheel."

"Whatever."

"Pass me the cereal, could you?" Jungkook reached his hand out towards Serina, who grabbed the cereal box and threw it on the table. Taking his reaching hand away, Jungkook gave Serina her phone for an exchange, adding, "Your mother might've taken a few miscalls in the morning."

Serina's eyes grew wide. She snatched her phone quickly, taking a quick scan at her lock screen.

"Holy. Shit."

"What?!" Jungkook sat up, abandoning his breakfast in surprise. "Dude, what happened? Your face is scaring me!"

"I—am—dead—for—sure." Serina clicked the call button and waited for the bomb to burst. It rang for a while before her mother picked up. It was a scream Serina always preyed she never would get herself to hear.

"SERINA ELIZABE—"

"I spent both days at Jungkook's!" Serina said quickly before her mother could barely start screaming at her. Jungkook, who was eating his cereal on the table, choked on the milk, spluttering cereal everywhere. But not caring about the mess, he looked up at Serina in disbelief.