o.o.4 // ramblings and recklessness

Rhea Nahro's POV

   Oh. My. Fucking. Gods.

   Teldryn talks a shit ton.

   Teldryn and I walked side-by-side on the way to the fort. Once Teldryn figured out that i've never been to Solstheim, he was nonstop.

   "With the ash from Red Mountain covering half the island, it's astonishing how much Solstheim reminds me of home." Teldryn sighed, glancing around with a gloved hand resting on the hilt of his sword. He was anxious with all the ash spawn about, and it was quite easy to tell.

   "Where do you classify home as?" I asked, deciding to make a bit of conversation to get to know my companion. Teldryn lit up at this.

   "I've called Raven Rock my home for a number of years. Azura knows why... it's a mess. But I grew up in the city of Blacklight in Morrowind. If you ever get the chance, you should visit there... it's spectacular." Teldryn sighed, a tad bit lost in thought as he was reminded of his homeland. He shook his head. "Enough about that useless shit, what do you call home, outlander?"

   I paused before sighing. What's the harm in telling him? "I grew up in riften in Skyrim before I moved to Cyrodiil. It was calmer, and plus, it had more diversity. My mother was a lovely woman, and there was just so much 'nordic pride' in Skyrim that she had enough. Even though I myself am part Nord." I explained, smiling for a moment at the thought of my family. Sadly, though, they've all moved on by now. I still had my allies, yes, but i really didn't have anyone to love in THAT way, aside from having Nazir as a father figure. Well, a very unstable father figure. He cares, even if we are cold blooded assassins for a dead woman. "I moved back to Skyrim around wartimes and was caught in an Imperial ambush. I was captured and destined for the block before a dragon showed up and destroyed the whole town." I finished. Teldryn nodded.

   "Ah, i've heard of what happened around that time. Helgen, yes? The dragon attacked. There have been many a tale of the dragonborn slaying The World Eater. Quite impressive, but i personally think the whole thing is based on some kid with a savior complex." The merc laughed, shaking his head. I hummed, nodding, not adding on to that.

————

   Finally, we arrived at Fort Frostmoth. It was quite rundown and ash littered the floor. Teldryn stepped over the remains of one of the creatures we had just slain.

   "Eugh, I hate these things. Messy, and always a pain. They're oddly strong to be made of dust." Teldryn complained, shaking off his sword. I rolled my eyes, pulling my cowl down a bit further due so the ash couldn't reach my face. I suppose that's why Teldryn always wore his helmet.

   "That's the first time i've agreed with you, Sero." I huffed, walking down the hallway with my bow in hand, prepared for more ash. Teldryn huffed.

   "So happy that you could come to your senses, serjo." He retorted in annoyance. I only rolled my eyes and continued walking. Teldryn followed, gripping his sword tightly while holding his free hand to his side, a light glow emitting from it. He was likely healing himself, or gaining more stamina.

I glanced around a corner, nocking an arrow and walking out. Hunched over a table stood a strange looking man. He looked as if he had been locked in this hellhole for years. He quickly looked up and glared. "You...who are you? How dare you interrupt my work!" He growled, lunging at me. I quickly released my arrow, missing as the man managed to tackle me to the ground. I grimaced as I had the wind knocked out of me. Teldryn quickly ran in as i pulled out my dagger, slicing my foe's arm. He cried out in pain, losing his grip for a moment.