o.1.4 // tel mithryn

——
Teldryn Sero's POV
——

It was dusk of the next day when we had finally cleansed all the stones. I adjusted my helm.

"Nahro, can we go to Skyrim, yet?" I groaned out as my employer pitched a tent. We were halfway to Tel Mithryn, per Storn's advice, to find the next black book. I would be a damned s'wit if i said i wasn't worried for Rhea. Hell, the last time she came out of a black book, she could hardly get to her feet. I can only imagine what might happen with the next.

"After this, i promise." Rhea's voice pulled me from my thoughts. "Once we get the book, we'll take it back to Storn and head to the ship. I can better prepare myself for Miraak at home." She hummed nonchalantly as she finished throwing bear pelts over the tent. It was still rather cold, and Tel Mithryn just happened to be at the very southeast corner of this bloody place.

I sighed, nudging the campfire with my boot. "What exactly do you call home?" I inquired. I mean, this is the Dragonborn we're talking about. She's practically loaded.

Rhea hummed, a smile coming to adorn her face. Gods, it was a sight.

"I have many houses across Skyrim, but i find myself in Riften most of the time. I have a place there. Honeyside. There's been plenty a time when i have the Guild over to play some drinking games." The nord grinned, coming to sit by me. I unconsciously leaned closer. "But, I have a couple manors in Falkreath hold and the Pale. It's just a little too far from my friends."

I nodded. "But you seem to have friends all over Tamriel. You can't possibly be that lonely." I drawled, half joking.

Rhea scoffed. "You'd be surprised. I have my housecarls, but i've grown to adore the Guild more than anything. I can never stray too far for too long." She hummed, seemingly ignoring the part of her being lonely. Until she spoke again.

She looked up at the sky. The stars were a bit hard to see with all the ash. I glanced up as well.

"Do you ever feel like the sky is your only companion?"

The question bit at my mind. Sure i had friends. Glover Mallory was quite the drinking buddy. Although, it didn't seem to fill the gaps.

"All the time." I replied quietly. I felt Rhea nudge my arm.

"Well, i suppose we should get some rest. Tel Mithryn is still a bit far." She sighed, standing up and dusting herself off. I watched for a moment before following into the tent.

The question still lingered in my mind.

——————
——

We left bright and early the next morning, putting out the fire and collapsing the tent. I groaned, stretching.

"What, getting a little too old for these adventures?"

Ah. That voice.

"No, shithead, it's more of sleeping on straight fucking ash for a night." I grumbled, starting the walk beside her. She simply laughed.

We arrived in Tel Mithryn a few hours later. I was still rather pissed at how much we had been doing non-stop, while the Dragonborn still had a pep in her step.

"Are those...mushrooms?" Rhea asked, looking up at the buildings in awe.

I smirked beneath my helm. "The Telvanni are amazing. Look what they've grown from the ash... have you ever seen anything like it?" I marveled, looking around at the plants and crops.